João Laporta

Barcilliant

I wonder how representative this forum is.
I understand more and more how they could side with Rosell and then Bartomeu
I guess it goes with the same mentality to be most against them when it then doesn't work out.

The club needs to go back to its roots, it needs to find it's style again.
Someone like Xavi needs should be brought, and he shoul have full trust and mandate.
Of course he understands that is what he needs, can't be half-arsed

No, the club needs to fucking evolve. Being stuck in the past is a root cause of our Cl embarrassments. We need stronger, bigger players with a strong mentality. Going back to Xavi will just give us slow, boring tiki-taka.

TheStig

His comments that Pique is the best CB in the world and non stop praise for Messi are worrisome. I think we wil see at least another season with Pique, Busq, Alba as starters under him.

SmilerBam

His comments that Pique is the best CB in the world and non stop praise for Messi are worrisome. I think we wil see at least another season with Pique, Busq, Alba as starters under him.

Alba it s still ok.Pique should be just a back up on this point.Busquets shouldn t be even on the bench.I think he s being diplomatic.I think and hope that every canditate for Barca presidency know that deep changes must be made in every structure of this club.

JamDav1982

The fact he declines to appear in the debate says something about him.

It is because he was embarrassed in the debates last time.

This time his campaign is all about emotion and not substance and not putting himself in position to be exposed.

Doing correct thing to give himself the best chance really.

FC433

It is really quite difficult to discuss your plan in football as a candidate. How do they do that? Cannot talk openly about players/ managers to avoid disrupting the team.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is because he was embarrassed in the debates last time.

This time his campaign is all about emotion and not substance and not putting himself in position to be exposed.

Doing correct thing to give himself the best chance really.

He really is a coward then.

ebc_99

I wouldn't say he is a coward but maybe he just isn't very good in debates and knows he has a huge lead so doesn't need to put himself in that position, it is smart if anything.

I am not sure he is the right man but at least he has already proved he can be a great president, so hopefully he can do it again like his buddy Perez.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What that he is the best president the club has ever had by a mile?.

History is not necessarily indicative of the future. Things have changed a lot since he was the president last time.

Him refusing to appear in a debate and answering challenges and questions from his competitors and reporters gives me very bad vibes about his ability to manage.

fergus90

History is not necessarily indicative of the future. Things have changed a lot since he was the president last time.

Him refusing to appear in a debate and answering challenges and questions from his competitors and reporters gives me very bad vibes about his ability to manage.

The fact that he oversaw the best Barca in history gives me vibes he can manage. TV debates are a load of nonsense anyway, just ends up turning into a pissing contest.

jamrock

History is not necessarily indicative of the future?. But is it the best predictor of future behavior.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
History is not necessarily indicative of the future?. But is it the best predictor of future behavior.

Different times, different circumstances and different experiences warrant different behavior and different strategies and plans. On finances alone Laporta was never a proven leader/success story. How we will turn things around hugely depend on how we can turn our finances around.

Messigician

My president

❗️Joan Laporta, on signing Erling H?land: "If we have to improve the team, I have all the cards ready to be played" @Elwood_White #Transfers #ElectionsFCB 🇳🇴

Laporta's relationship with Mino Raiola is the key to signing Haaland. There also are other people which can help the operation take place. The board understands that his 75M release clause is valid this summer. With commisions, he could cost more than 100M.

Laporta's relationship with Mino Raiola is the key to signing Haaland. There also are other people which can help the operation take place. The board understands that his 75M release clause is valid this summer contrary to popular belief. With commisions, he could cost more than 100M.
? @_AdrianSnchz

Home of Barca Fans