César Azpilicueta

beef-supreme

103827.jpg

Born: 28th of August, 1989
Place of Birth: Pamplona, Spain
Team: Osasuna

U-20WC Spanish RB, plays as a right wingback but defensively he is excellent.
He is very solid, has a great throw, and can go forwards when needed, which he has not always been able to do with Osasuna who aren't exactly the most attacking team.

Put in a great (imo) MoM performance against us tonight, even led to Messi kicking out and getting a yellow from frustration...

As I said before,

5. RB - Yes please. Gio posted a while back that we could take an Osasuna young RB, if i could take a pick i'd have Azpilicueta without a doubt. Perfect understudy to Dani, get sufficient games as well because he'd play Copa and seriously Dani will need a rest and Puyol will eventually lose that physical strength to keep filling in for him. Other than that, bring back Martin.

Azpilicueta in my opinion would be THE essential signing aside from a CM signing. He is young, would learn a great deal about crossing and passing from Dani, and is fantastic defensively.

He imo has the potential to be our (better) version of Sergio Ramos.

beef-supreme

Definitely, and he has been good for the Spanish U-20 team too, he has a lot of experience and coming from the Osasuna youth system he has had a lot of exposure to playing time and all levels. Future Spanish RB, no doubt about it.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
him and monreal are monsters.

monreal is better (we got NOTHING down his side whereas for all his good work both goals came from azpilicueta's side) but this guy is 4 years younger and is indeed a very very promising player.

beef-supreme

:lol: He had one blatant dive but then he's nowhere near as bad as Dani or Busi. If he came to Barca he could learn a few things about diving from them two though :p

beef-supreme

him and monreal are monsters.

monreal is better (we got NOTHING down his side whereas for all his good work both goals came from azpilicueta's side) but this guy is 4 years younger and is indeed a very very promising player.

Imo that's more to do with the fact that 90% of Dani's attacks culminated in rubbish crosses..

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Imo that's more to do with the fact that 90% of Dani's attacks culminated in rubbish crosses..

well true, but my point is we never managed to play around him whereas we did get some joy against azpilicueta.

either way I have them both as backup FB's for barca on SM, so I'm alright.

:D

beef-supreme

well true, but my point is we never managed to play around him whereas we did get some joy against azpilicueta.

either way I have them both as backup FB's for barca on SM, so I'm alright.

:D

True, i guess you're right about that. Well, he's still young and he has a lot of potential. If you think about it, we're not one for uhh defensive defenders, so I suppose that he would be able to fit in ;)

:lol: but of course, in that case there's no debate ;)

Home of Barca Fans