Pep Guardiola

Catta

13/14: Scored 1 goal

15/16: Scored high pressure pen in shoot out

16/17: 2 goals

:)

LOL at counting the 2014 goal, where he was a ghost for 120 minutes, but then scored a penalty for 4-1 and took of his shirt to take all the attention.

In 2016 again a ghost for 120 minutes, where he was waiting for the last PK to again take all the attention.

About 2017 forgot that game. The only final Cristiano wasn't a ghost.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

LOL at counting the 2014 goal, where he was a ghost for 120 minutes, but then scored a penalty for 4-1 and took of his shirt to take all the attention.

In 2016 again a ghost for 120 minutes, where he was waiting for the last PK to again take all the attention.

About 2017 forgot that game. The only final Cristiano wasn't a ghost.

Yeah i agree haha

jamrock

Need a Madrid vs city

1) I don't want to hear the English media wank off about 2 English teams in the CL final & super league blah blah

2) but ofc for man city to win.

Windhook

Barca has also not lost a final in modern age in Champions League final - 2006, 2009, 2011 and 2015. Last one was back in 1994 in Athens 0-4 against AC Milan. Stoichkov in his memoirs said the whole squad was too complacent about it, being so convinced the game was already won.

vegitot

Barca has also not lost a final in modern age in Champions League final - 2006, 2009, 2011 and 2015. Last one was back in 1994 in Athens 0-4 against AC Milan. Stoichkov in his memoirs said the whole squad was too complacent about it, being so convinced the game was already won.

Cruyff was too arrogant in that match.

Pep against RM like watching Moses and Pharaoh movies. You know how it ends and who wins at the end but it still has very exciting storylines. I am confident that Pep as proud Catalan will handle RM in possible final.

FinBarcelonafan

PSG tie shows how much CL is about luck too. City scored some flukey goals and PSG missed sitters. Football is a game of small edges, finally those edges went for Pep. Well deserved final after years of trying..

Not saying that City didn't deserve to win, but I would say 4-1 is harsh based on the two games. City didn't look that good. Yet again, PSG probably didn't deserve to beat Barcelona 5-2 or Bayern 2-3 in the first game. Sometimes we forget how small these edges are and how much luck is involved in the result.

Also last season PSG was five minutes away from dropping vs Atalanta in CL and then went to final
Crazy stuff really.

And losing Mbappe hurt PSG a lot. City didn't have to worry counters now at all. Pochettino putting Icardi on front was a huge mistake. It's like Barca putting Suarez on top vs Bayern. (No legs, no counters), not to mention rest of the team being super slow and old.

Last edited:

henias

PSG tie shows how much CL is about luck too. City scored some flukey goals and PSG missed sitters. Football is a game of small edges, finally those edges went for Pep. Well deserved final after years of trying..

Not saying that City didn't deserve to win, but I would say 4-1 is harsh based on the two games. City didn't look that good. Yet again, PSG probably didn't deserve to beat Barcelona 5-2 or Bayern 2-3 in the first game. Sometimes we forget how small these edges are and how much luck is involved in the result.

Also last season PSG was five minutes away from dropping vs Atalanta in CL and then went to final
Crazy stuff really.

And losing Mbappe hurt PSG a lot. City didn't have to worry counters now at all. Pochettino putting Icardi on front was a huge mistake. It's like Barca putting Suarez on top vs Bayern. (No legs, no counters), not to mention rest of the team being super slow and old.

City playing without a striker too, with sterling out of form and aguero's injuries, pep is forced to play De bruyne as a false 9.

fergus90

Crazy stuff really.

PSG didnt have a shot on target since midway through the first half of the first game. City didn't really have an awful amount of trouble for 75% of the tie.

mc_lovin

PSG didnt have a shot on target since midway through the first half of the first game. City didn't really have an awful amount of trouble for 75% of the tie.

Yeah, cant get more dominating than that. Wrote it yesterday already, but the game felt more like a 4/5-0 to me.

What surprised me is that Pep made a clone army work. Citys front 5 are all so freaking similar.

Home of Barca Fans