Pep Guardiola

serghei

I've been thinking for a while and can't help wondering if the team would have been even more successful without pep. Instead of kicking yaya and etoo out keeping them as key players while busquets never became a starter. And didn't go all out on tiki taka and played more like that first pep season, more balanced and physical but not as possession dominant. I think that would have been better. And never buying cesc of course

No offense, but it means you haven't been thinking long enough.

No offense, but it means you haven't been thinking long enough.

Tiki taka isn't the only way to play. Those players were so good they would have been successful under any good coach or system. Peps barca struggled in the cl more than some people now realise especially away.

serghei

Tiki taka isn't the only way to play. Those players were so good they would have been successful under any good coach or system. Peps barca struggled in the cl more than some people now realise especially away.

Sure, it's not the only way to play, and it's immensely hard to play that way. Hence why even top teams like City look clownish when they try to. But when it works there's nothing better in terms of dominating and intimidating the opponent.

Morten

In fairness, City did lose a couple of times to Chelsea before this with the normal line-up(?), so i guess Pep felt that it wasn't working against this specific opponent and had to try something else.

Xaviniesta

Pep vs Klopp: 21 games 9W-3D-9L
Pep vs Tuchel: 9 games 4W-1D-4L

Imagine Klopp's record had he had an unlimited budget or managed bayernliga :tata:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Are you asking if you think we would be more successful if we didn't have one of the most successful and glorious four years in the club's existence?

SmilerBam

I've been thinking for a while and can't help wondering if the team would have been even more successful without pep. Instead of kicking yaya and etoo out keeping them as key players while busquets never became a starter. And didn't go all out on tiki taka and played more like that first pep season, more balanced and physical but not as possession dominant. I think that would have been better. And never buying cesc of course

Pep did some mistakes in the transfer market in that period, the biggest of course being the transfer of Ibra at the expense of Eto'o. But the rest, he was almost perfect. He played the best system those players were capable of playing. Also, Busquests was absolutely world class for that team, the perfect complement of Iniesta and Xavi. Pep has many faults, but that team he build it will be unmatched for years to come.

Rassvet

Klopp mentioned City's spending. Now Pep responds:

"Some owners want to benefit, our owners don't want to benefit.

"We have limits for FFP. If they don't agree they can go to court and make a statement and we defend."

The saltiness and complaining already started it seems

Mateka

Klopp said he did not want to criticise, then went to criticise. Klopp is smarting because they have not released funds to him. Pep simply replied. Well done Pep.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Biggest penny pinchers Arsenal casually sitting at 5th. Daily Mail , can't get more reliable than that.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans