Pep Guardiola

ini4ever

https://streamable.com/p1tzw7
He's insisting again "all I want to be ourselves in second game". actually, he may finally found out why he gets knockout'd every QFs year after year. he realized overthinking and changing the team play right before a CL match isn't the answer which is odd as he never done that during Barca era.

Tackle

if the game had been at the Etihad with the same scoreline (2-1 city) you'd say the exact same thing: real test of his managerial abilities will be how he manages the 2nd (away) leg

enough!! credit where credit is due. he got his W today.

Close 2 legged cup ties are decided in the 2nd leg, obviously. Home or away PSG still have it all to play for. Scraping a 2-1 tonight means absolutely nothing if Pep isn't prepared and City get gutted on Tuesday.

His "credit" and "W" will have to wait because there is still unfinished business with the tie remaining in the balance. City didn't win 4-0 for the celebrations to start quite yet.

BarcaOG

Banned
Close 2 legged cup ties are decided in the 2nd leg, obviously. Home or away PSG still have it all to play for. Scraping a 2-1 tonight means absolutely nothing if Pep isn't prepared and City get gutted on Tuesday.

His "credit" and "W" will have to wait because there is still unfinished business with the tie remaining in the balance. City didn't win 4-0 for the celebrations to start quite yet.

that's true, but we dont know what will happen--so its better to take it as it comes. for now, Pep has the advantage, and that is clearly better than not having the advantage (obvious statement :lol:)

Rassvet

https://streamable.com/p1tzw7
He's insisting again "all I want to be ourselves in second game". actually, he may finally found out why he gets knockout'd every QFs year after year. he realized overthinking and changing the team play right before a CL match isn't the answer which is odd as he never done that during Barca era.

He's just been luckier this year. They got two easy draws to the semis, refball vs Dortmund, and now 2 fluke goals vs PSG.

Andresito

Staff member
Looked extremely dull during the first 50 or so minutes. Nothing really happening in attack. Natural thing would be to sub on a striker, but I knew Pep wouldn't do that. In the end his patience paid off.

Bobo32

Looked extremely dull during the first 50 or so minutes. Nothing really happening in attack. Natural thing would be to sub on a striker, but I knew Pep wouldn't do that. In the end his patience paid off.

As so many times before.
One of the most annoying things was always the talk about "lack of plan B" everytime the greatest Barcelona of all time was losing, but how many games didn't they turn around?
They did change some things yesterday of course, but I agree that it was mostly patience that paid off.

BBZ8800

Moved to a good old Del Bosque's 460.

Trying to have 90% of possession and score goals due to a sheer number of shots/possession.
Or just scoring due to a mistake of an opponent which will usually happen if they sit in the box for 45-90 minutes.

No offense to anyone, but City's play is insanely boring and unwatchable to me.

Pep reached even new heights of going into extremes of possession/playing without CFs.
(As if anyone should be surprised?)

I won't be surprised if he'll play 0-10-0 or 0-11-0 in a few years with 11 Gundogans/Bernardos passing around the box for 90 minutes.

He should really buy Arthur.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Trying to have 90% of possession and score goals due to a sheer number of shots/possession.
Or just scoring due to a mistake of an opponent which will usually happen if they sit in the box for 45-90 minutes.

Pep reached even new heights of going into extremes of possession/playing without CFs.

I won't be surprised if he'll play 0-10-0 or 0-11-0 in a few years with 11 Gundogans/Bernardos passing around the box for 90 minutes.

City was a joy to watch in Pep's first two seasons but nowadays, especially in CL, City looks so scared and do nothing which they do in PL or in these english cups.

vegitot

460 to pocket Neymar-Mbappe and it worths.

Gundogan/Silva/Foden can create something, Arthur creates nothing.

Bobo32

I love to watch Pep's City, acheives dominance even though many of the players aren't really meant to dominate (KDB, Mahrez, Sterling, Walker to name some of them, are not exactly Puig-like)

But through good organization and the right tweaks for these players, they generally are able to be completely dominant, with their defenders on the halfline, attacking in waves, always capturing the opponents attempt to counter.
With City, there is always at least one easy path for the ball holder, and it's not just on the outside, but often there are two available options through the press, in between the lines. I enjoy watching this kind of football, I can follow the ball with my pointer, even when Sterling or Mahrez get the ball!

Home of Barca Fans