10 La Masia products to watch by FCBarca

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
And then there's Oriol Romeu, Sergio Roberto, Sergi Gomez and perhaps Muniesa from the B-team. JDS, Montoya and Bartra are all 20 years old or more. They, together with Thiago and Fontás are far to well-known to be included in the next list IMHO.

Javi Espinosa, Pol Calvet, Sergi Samper, and Ebwelle also seem pretty decent.

fcb1

i really hope to see a barca team consisting of montoya, muniesa, bartra, fontas, romeu, thiago, roberto, gerard and espinosa some day. that only leaves room for a keeper and a forward. de gea and muniain or alcacer. have not seen much of pol calvet or sergi semper, their meant to bee class.

Last edited:

soarq

Get real. Not everyone will make it. But if they keep coming in a fashion like last years it will be fucking great.

Da Silva

My hopes are on these players:

Javier Espinosa
Gerard Deulofeu
Marc Muniesa
Oriol Romeu
Sergi Roberto
Rafa Alcantara
Albert Dalmau
Jean Marie Dongou
Carles Planas
Pol Calvet

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
My hopes are on these players:

Javier Espinosa
Gerard Deulofeu
Marc Muniesa
Oriol Romeu
Sergi Roberto
Rafa Alcantara
Albert Dalmau
Jean Marie Dongou
Carles Planas
Pol Calvet

Espinosa maybe the next big thing?

Yugi

Month ago I had a dream where Sergi Samper and Javi Espinosa ruled the midfield
It was like watching Xaviesta
Hope Sampinosa will take their step!

BBZ8800

Interesting to read after 4 years

Yes.

And every Barca fan who thinks that a lot of our current B team players will become first team players should read this topic.
Sadly, this topic covers only the last few years, but the same story is repeating more or less since always.

From 5 biggest talents in each generation, on average 1 of them turns into something.
Not into a new Xavi, but into "something".
Maybe into a new Xavi, but maybe into a new Pedro, Sergi Roberto or Gds.

DinhoR10

Yes.

And every Barca fan who thinks that a lot of our current B team players will become first team players should read this topic.
Sadly, this topic covers only the last few years, but the same story is repeating more or less since always.

From 5 biggest talents in each generation, on average 1 of them turns into something.
Not into a new Xavi, but into "something".
Maybe into a new Xavi, but maybe into a new Pedro, Sergi Roberto or Gds.

Pedro the guy who helped win us countless trohpies? Its a little disrespectful to name him along with sergi and GDS even if he's playing badly now he was a big part of maybe the greatest barca team ever.

BarcaBarcaBarca

This is a very interesting read. I can't decide whether there is a clear problem in the way we promote and nurture the players who are ready to make the step up into the first team, or whether the reason very few make it successfully into the first team is due to the sheer amount of players La Masia produces. There have been so many players in recent years that I tipped to become successful at Barca, including the likes of Bojan, Muniesa and Thiago. Is it a case of nurturing them and waiting for the correct time to lease them into the first team? Bojan I felt was hard done by, and probably the only decision that Pep made which I disagree with. The likes of Tello and Cuenca, the latter started the quarter final v AC Milan a few years ago that I was at and was sensational, have boiled off and are at average clubs, making average appearances. What frightens me is the fear of losing the players that we've raved about for the past year and a half, the deulofeus, sampers, adamas, bartras....I am hoping lessons have been learned in producing the b players but I honestly can only see samper and bartra making it into a first team player. Sandro, Munir, Adama and Deulofeu definitely have the ability and confidence in my opinion, but I am starting to get the feeling that luck plays a massive part, as well as agents, attitudes and desire.

What is everyones ideal barca team in 5 years time?

Last edited:

ScoobySquats

This is a very interesting read. I can't decide whether there is a clear problem in the way we promote and nurture the players who are ready to make the step up into the first team, or whether the reason very few make it successfully into the first team is due to the sheer amount of players La Masia produces. There have been so many players in recent years that I tipped to become successful at Barca, including the likes of Bojan, Muniesa and Thiago. Is it a case of nurturing them and waiting for the correct time to lease them into the first team? Bojan I felt was hard done by, and probably the only decision that Pep made which I disagree with. The likes of Tello and Cuenca, the latter started the quarter final v AC Milan a few years ago that I was at and was sensational, have boiled off and are at average clubs, making average appearances. What frightens me is the fear of losing the players that we've raved about for the past year and a half, the deulofeus, sampers, adamas, bartras....I am hoping lessons have been learned in producing the b players but I honestly can only see samper and bartra making it into a first team player. Sandro, Munir, Adama and Deulofeu definitely have the ability and confidence in my opinion, but I am starting to get the feeling that luck plays a massive part, as well as agents, attitudes and desire.

What is everyones ideal barca team in 5 years time?

Mine would be

Ter-Stegen
RB - Bartra - Laporte - Alba
Samper
Halilovic - Pogba
Adama - Neymar - Delefeou

Although having Thiago back couldn't hurt:lucho:

LaPulga

Since we're in the Masia thread... here's a team with best talents imo from cadets onwards (those guys could reach the A-squad within 5 years.)

-------------------------Suarez(Barca B)-------------------------------
Guillem Jaume--------Eric-------------Chumi-------------Torrents
(Cadet A)------------(Cadet A)--------(Juvenil B)------(Juvenil B)

--------------------------Oriol Busquets------------------------------
----------------------------(Juvenil B)
--------------Alena-------------------------------------------------
------------(Juvenil B)
------------------------------------Ricki Puig-----------------------------
------------------------------------ (Cadet A)
Carles Perez-------------------------------------------Lee---------
(Juvenil B)-------------------------------------------(team FIFA :) )
-----------------------------Abel Ruiz--------------------------------
------------------------------(Cadet A)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans