10 La Masia products to watch by FCBarca

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Gael Etock for me is the most exciting prospect. He has been scoring goals for fun and accumulated 11 goals in three games now for Juvenil B. I hope he continues on that same path for the next 3-4 years so to be able to break into the first team, assuming of course he will have the patience.

zanela

Not my assessment, that was info I gathered through research...But thanks for weighing in, babe :wave:

You need to better research next time. ;)

It was a deflection but who cares. And besides, there was someone else we had who was king of deflections and had that first touch. We might have a new Deco here!

This guy reminds me of Deco, the way he plays, the way he passes, his unwanting of using his left foot, all of it.

+1 He reminded me of someone watchign him against Sevilla but I couldn't think who! Definitely has that Deco poise and balance, couple with a lovely touch on the ball and good distribution. I was really impressed with the lad.

i think TA is the next deco but even better

I liked Deco better. IMO Thiago plays alot like Deco. Damn I miss Super Defleco! :sad:

:wave:

Chucka

Hussein Said know your role
I remember reading the official website call Thiago the 'new Deco'. But either way, it doesn't really matter, good things FCBarca btw.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I remember reading the official website call Thiago the 'new Deco'. But either way, it doesn't really matter, good things FCBarca btw.

Thanks...And, I don't consider myself an expert by any stretch...I just collected info on several of the up & comers - put it together (Truth is, I was tired of some of the poor stuff on BleacherReport).

Plus, thought it would give Premiership clubs an easier menu to poach from :002:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice collection nevertheless. You'll do those regularly in the future or was it a one time thing? I added by "FCBarca" in the initial post if that's alright

zanela

5 people from the barcaforum, sounds like a quorum

Just giving an account of members here who watch Barca week in, week out.

Let me put it simply, Deco and Thiago are AM's. Dynamic, daring, explosive, creative, etc. JDS is Xavi-like, a CM. Setting the tempo and dictate play. I'm really interested to know what aspects of JDS game reminds you of Deco?

From ESPN soccernet
Thiago Alcantara (11/04/1991): Chelsea are said to be looking to sign Alcantara, who is regarded to be one of the best prospects in Barcelona's academy. He's currently training with the first-team and has played for the senior side during Yaya Toure and Seydou Keita's absence at the African Nations Cup. The son of former Brazil international Mazinho, Alcantara has been dubbed the new Deco.

From BFB (i don't think i'm allowed to post the blog link here)
He is not a classic four prospect. The comparisons most used is a young Deco. A fearless, relentless midfielder who is not afraid to try the impossible dribble or pass (sometimes resulting in goals and sometimes in counterattacks against his team),

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Nice collection nevertheless. You'll do those regularly in the future or was it a one time thing? I added by "FCBarca" in the initial post if that's alright

Yeah, of course, cheers.

Not sure yet, I'm sure most of you kinda feel like BR is a bit low quality but there are so many haters out there writing Barca related material that I finally decided to contribute something...Again, this was more of a collection of research on players...Some had my personal takes coupled with a consensus of others while others were largely from what I unearthed (Less personal opinion).

I may write some things in the future, we'll see

Home of Barca Fans