Wesley Sneijder

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I think no player is bigger than the team itself, so Van Gaal is right about saying it's not always an automatic pick regardless of form whatsoever. Everyone should perform in rder to get selected, Sneijder too. Now I am not defending the other choices he made, but not selecting Sneijder lately hasn't upset me at all. Bar from an ok game here and there he hasn't shown his potential in years, I really hope he hits it big time this year in Turkey. He very, very talented but we have seen loads of cases to show that talent isn't enough and can actually be beaten by mediocre players with a great mentality.

Frodo_FCB

Sneijder refused to stand behind this tall kid...
He is being trolled :lol:

bxllrm_iaaeqdso.jpg

JackaL

In yesterday's Istanbul derby in the 88th minute, he shot the ball to the left corner of the goalpost, just to try it for the right one in the 89th min. winning the derby for his team! Absofuckinglutely fantastic!

Can't believe that he's just 30 and already in the Turkish league. I know he had no control over Inter's decline, but I can't understand he ended up in Turkey (no offense) when he still has a lot more to give.

Morten

Can't believe that he's just 30 and already in the Turkish league. I know he had no control over Inter's decline, but I can't understand he ended up in Turkey (no offense) when he still has a lot more to give.

He clearly didnt have much more to give, or he wouldnt have ended up in Turkey in the first place.

He clearly didnt have much more to give, or he wouldnt have ended up in Turkey in the first place.

United and Liverpool were all in for him during the summer of 2013, but he didn't want to take a pay cut, then just a year later he goes to Turkey.

I don't blame him for choosing the money, after all, a pro football player only has 8-12 years to get paid anyway, but he could've went back to La Liga or settled in the EPL. Also I recall Roma (?) being interested in him at the time.

CuleLife4Life

He probably gets paid a ton of money in Turkey though so I'm not surprised. Plus hasn't he had a major early decline?

Don't blame him for taking an easier road after having won as much as he has in his club career.

I wouldn't say he had an early decline. His last two years in Madrid, especially 08-09, were bad, but he bounced back and proved that period was an outlier brought by factors out of his control. I'm sure he gets paid a ton of money, but again, he could've been paid the same in Spain or England, maybe in Italy too. Maybe he just doesn't have that same desire to stay on top. Prime Sneijder is still one of my favorite players from that period though.

Home of Barca Fans