User Tag List

Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1428

Thread: Christian Eriksen

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely not the right thread to post this but I hope these vandal kids will never need to use defib to save their lives.

https://twitter.com/BuxtedFC/status/1404154973265530884

At least don't think police should have too much troubles to identify them if they haven't already.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    For years he was one of the craziest runners in the world.

I am not an expert, but that sounds like a possible cause.

About your example with a panic attack, during a panic attack a heart beats fast but in a regular way.
    Arrhythmias are random, though.
    Majority are benign, but some kills you in 10 seconds due to a random mistake in electrical pulses.

Imo, a huge strain on the heart is also causing random electrical mistakes and arrhythmias.

Also, imo, some players will cover their benign arrhythmias because once it gets public, no top club will hire you anymore.

And then there are random drugs which players get which can't get recognized on tests.
    Juve players were accused of a too fast muscle growth in 90s.
    Barca were accused of similar things etc.

Some people here don't want to take covid vaccine.
    Yet footballers are putting millions of similar drugs in them every week to have more oxygen/specific blood cells/minerals etc.
    I always wondered what the status of PED use is in this sport. Football isn't really mentioned in respect to those who would use and abuse. Only Messi in recent memory, Pep's Barca, and (to an extent) early 10s Germany had accusations.

Really this sport would be ripe for players to abuse for athletic and even cognitive/mental boosts.
    #NeyorBust Let continue where we left off ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ👑

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will he be able to play again? I know that in Italy it's legally not possible, but there are certainly other countires where he could continue with his career. If he's fit to do so.

Hope he's feeling better now.

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    134 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No news about it yet I believe.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very much doubt it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Playing professional football with a pacemaker doesn't sound like a good idea. I wouldn't risk my life like this and I am sure Eriksen won't either.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is of course the health issues which alone should be enough to keep him off the pitch.

If we hypothetically disregard that, I doubt he'll be able to overcome the mental barrier of getting fatigued.
    Like when you pull a hamstring or quad and despite it being healed on paper it takes a long period of time before your body subconsciously dares to maximize its functionality. It's the same with Eriksen but probably 10x worse. So his level on the pitch will be far far below his usual level.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Playing professional football with a pacemaker doesn't sound like a good idea. I wouldn't risk my life like this and I am sure Eriksen won't either.
    Daley Blind has an ICD (not the same as pacemaker) like Eriksen & he's doing fine.

I don't blame Eriksen a bit if he wants to continue earn millions of euro per year. He is only 29 years old and still has many years left in his career.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would imagine Inter Milan is consulting with their medical team as well as their insurance company.

Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    There is of course the health issues which alone should be enough to keep him off the pitch.

If we hypothetically disregard that, I doubt he'll be able to overcome the mental barrier of getting fatigued.
    Like when you pull a hamstring or quad and despite it being healed on paper it takes a long period of time before your body subconsciously dares to maximize its functionality. It's the same with Eriksen but probably 10x worse. So his level on the pitch will be far far below his usual level.
    Yeah that is so. Also I imagine it will be awkward for everyone when he steps back on the pitch.
    #NeyorBust Let continue where we left off ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ👑

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post
    Daley Blind has an ICD (not the same as pacemaker) like Eriksen & he's doing fine.

I don't blame Eriksen a bit if he wants to continue earn millions of euro per year. He is only 29 years old and still has many years left in his career.
    I would be too scared to continue but if he really needs it, no one would stop him. Except regulations I guess.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Flaco View Post

Still would be scary as hell to play again. Constantly worrying something might happen.
    He is already a multi millionaire right. There is mord in life than football.
    Which is basically the most important thing of the most unimportant things in life.
    6RACIES XAVI

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being a high level athlete requires a lot of dedication, so i think many would try to keep going even with serious risks involved.

...well, besides the players enjoying their highly payed vacation in Barcelona of course
    Last edited by MTL_Barca; 5th July 2021 at 07:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty certain Inter will fulfil his contract if he does stop playing. Or they might give him some compensation if he does decide to retire.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxx View Post
    I'm pretty certain Inter will fulfil his contract if he does stop playing. Or they might give him some compensation if he does decide to retire.
    Why would they? There's probably a clause somewhere.