Christian Eriksen

FinBarcelonafan

Glad he's okay.

Doesn't surprise me though. So many players and coaches came out this season alone and said that the amount of games and competitions were not sustainable and were physically taking it's toll.

These players are being run into the ground.

Good point, maybe this is something to consider.. Protecting the players.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Conte protected him a lot though by constantly putting him on the bench.

But I am just glad Eriksen is alive man. Was shocking watching that match today.

Devils

It's confirmed he went into cardiac arrest but was able to be revived after one defib.

Horrible stuff. As a footballer myself, these things are horrific

CatalinR10

Can someone aware me how things like these happen to pro players ?

Aren't they super monitored , do medical checks all the time , are even monitored during the game with that device under their shirts , etc ?

fergus90

Can someone aware me how things like these happen to pro players ?

Aren't they super monitored , do medical checks all the time , are even monitored during the game with that device under their shirts , etc ?

They wear those stat sports bibs but that tells you more about top speed, distance ran, min heart rate, max heart rate, intensity, fatigue etc.

I’d have thought the regular screening would have picked up something, accordingly to the cardiologist who works for Spurs Eriksens readings were normal up to 2019. No idea how often Inter do these checks to be fair but maybe it’s something they aren’t tracking that’s the underlying issue

Bobo32

Someone said they do heart screenings prior to the big international tournaments, maybe that was just how they do it in my country.
IIRC ECG is standard at the medical check for transfers.
Some things like fibrillation can be intermittent and so they'd need to monitor over days or weeks, I don't think they ever do...

It's mostly hypertrophic cardiomyopathy that cause these heart failures for young athletes, right?

Home of Barca Fans