Thiago Silva

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
he says, barca approached him, but he told them to contact Milan..
Can we sign him ? it would be best singing above cesc and rossi!
please dont ask for the source..

W

woobie

Brazilian tv via sky italia/gazzetta dello sport/mediaset ---> probably goal.crap.

And he said he was happy where he was at Milan - only one sentence of a rather long interview was actually about Barcelona.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Would be an awesome player to have in our ranks though, i don 't see why it wouldn't be achievable considering the Ibra deal i'd say it's a possibility.....

adil_909

meh, not real excited about this one. we have plenty of cover for our CB spots, as we saw this season. would be great signing no doubt, but we have limited funds and this is not something we need to spend money on urgently.

desoe

We're surely going to sign a classy CB sometime soon, but not now.

Soon we will need a world class CB (not a back-up), because Puyol is starting to get old, we could say the same about Abidal and I'm not sure what's really going to happen with Masch in a perspective (is he a CB, is he a DM, will he stay in long term?)

I guess in 2012 or 2013 Barcelona is going to hunt the market for a classy, solid and surely more expensive CB, so Thiago Silva could be option for us again. It seems that Pep rates him highly (remember he was one of the Milan players we wanted during the Ibra talks), so especially if Pep stays, Thiago will be a target I guess.

barcaboy15

Yeah, a perfect replacement to partner Pique long-term but with Puyol not quite ready to bow out and Abidal a more than capable replacement for a year or two the times is not yet right to sign a Puyol replacement.
And who knows, hopefully by the time we're ready to buy Silva one of our own CBs will be groomed and ready.

Chainsaw

Killahead
The whole Silva rumor is just alittle bit silly tbh. Barca have one of the best CB pair in the world. They don't need to add another CB who is a starter. Barca need back up CB, not a starter. Puyol is not going to be finished next year.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Goal.shit : Thiago Silva will not leave AC Milan for Barcelona but wants pay-rise from Italian champions

Goal.shit : The defender told Brazilian TV this week that he has had contact with Barca, but a Goal.com source says this is an attempt to coax an increased pay deal out of his current side

facepalm.jpg

The player himself said he just signed an extension to his contract and is very happy to play for Milan... The move would only happen if Barca talk to Milan first

Regarding the player's quality... Can I dare say he's even better than Pique? He's got more pace and is better on the ball too. Also he's got a great shot on him!! *looking around cautiously*

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans