Marc Bartra

Everytime I've seen Bartra he's been pretty good. Not exceptional but always seems very capable. Playing Adriano ahead of him this season, especially in games where a win was inevitable was ridiculous

Barcilliant

Everytime I've seen Bartra he's been pretty good. Not exceptional but always seems very capable. Playing Adriano ahead of him this season, especially in games where a win was inevitable was ridiculous

I agree. Batra is very capable. Tito seems to have very little faith in him. He should be retained and given more minutes. Probably wont be as good as Varane but can still be a very good bench option or starter if he improves.

Maria

Have you been watching the under 21s? His long passes out to Tello especially have been sublime, his passing is better than Varane's. Ability on the ball and passing is one of his biggest strengths, IMO.

I was about to say the same thing..his long balls are very good(certainly better than Pique's) plus he's actually very dominant aerially and better at set-pieces than everybody from our squad bar Puyol. But aparently if he's not as good as the best young CB in the world we should get rid of him.

Maria

I agree. Batra is very capable. Tito seems to have very little faith in him. He should be retained and given more minutes. Probably wont be as good as Varane but can still be a very good bench option or starter if he improves.

He played 280 minutes as a starter in the league in a season where Pique, Mascherano and Puyol had serious injuries. So either he is very bad in training or Tito just doesn't trust him.

Galning

He played 280 minutes as a starter in the league in a season where Pique, Mascherano and Puyol had serious injuries. So either he is very bad in training or Tito just doesn't trust him.
I think Tito was just too scared to play inexperienced players in his first year as coach. But we've been over this so many times already I'm bored of it :D
Hopefully he'll get more minutes next season.

Barcilliant

Rumours are that Batra will be loaned out this upcoming season. If that is true than Tito is even dumber than I thought
willing to spend 25 million plus on a kid like Marquinhos but willing to ignore a real prospect like Batra. Tito and Rosell are dragging thus club down. No way we make the semis of the Cl this time. If nothing we need Batra as back up in case of injuries

i

ryuken

We should just deal with it, for me La Masia time might be coming to an end, either you go on loan or you get shipped out, we will come knocking at Arsenal door to get a freaking versatile player.

We should just deal with it, for me La Masia time might be coming to an end, either you go on loan or you get shipped out, we will come knocking at Arsenal door to get a freaking versatile player.

There is nothing we can do. Players like Xavi or Iniesta took a while to develop into players who could be starters. It's not good for young players to lack playing time.

Funny how we are chasing a cb but want to loan out Batra. I feel Puyols time is up and Batra is better than Masch.

I think bartra will only leave if Barca buy a new CB. Neither Bartra, nor Mascherano are good enough to play the big games though. The reason why Bartra hasn't been sent on loan is probably cause barca might just stick with Bartra is they can't sign a good defender.

Jadentheman

Pique's competition I take it. I felt sorry for him when he was up against Bayern.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Mesu

If Barca signs Thiago Silva or any other experienced CB, bartra should leave on loan for playing time. Playing more is the only way of improving as a player.

AvocadoCake

Funny how we are chasing a cb but want to loan out Batra. I feel Puyols time is up and Batra is better than Masch.

It makes sense, but I think we should sell Masch too. That being said, he is better than Bartra as far I'm concerned. I'm not going to hold the Bayern game against him, but in the league he made a few mistakes in his little time on the field, whereas Mascherano (who is by no means free from mistakes) was very good for his height and his reading of the game and tackles were spot on more often than not. Again, if Napoli are really willing to offer us 20m for him I say take it and run. I mean, Papadopoulos is 15m (judging by the Liverpool rumours) and on less wages (I assume), even Sakho would set us back no more than 25m.

Home of Barca Fans