Marc Bartra

Jombi

Bartra hasnt scored this season and the past few months Pique been very dominant in the air against the top teams.

No way has Batra been better in the air this season.

But Bartra has the most aerial duels won this season on the whole team by some distance though. Worse teams are often quite good in the air. And against PSG for example, Bartra won 4 headers (best on the team) while Pique won 0.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

But Bartra has the most aerial duels won this season on the whole team by some distance though. Worse teams often are quite good in the air. And against PSG for example, Bartra won 4 headers while Pique won 0.

The teams Bartra has played against have largely been the lower la liga teams who dont have the bigger target men.

Anyone watching Barca can tell you how much Pique has been the best CB in the air this season. That is going up against the best teams.

Jombi

The teams Bartra has played against have largely been the lower la liga teams who dont have the bigger target men.

Anyone watching Barca can tell you how much Pique has been the best CB in the air this season. That is going up against the best teams.

I doubt that the lower la liga teams have shorter players than the better la liga teams. These lower end teams will often try to play defensively where they need to be strong in the air, and they try to get goals on set pieces.

Besides, if Pique is so much better in the air why does Pique win less headers than Bartra against lower la liga teams? After all, Pique has played plenty of games against lower la liga sides.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I doubt that the lower la liga teams have shorter players than the better la liga teams. These lower end teams will often try to play defensively where they need to be strong in the air, and they try to get goals on set pieces.

Besides, why would Pique win less headers against lower la liga teams than Bartra if Pique is so much better in the air? After all, Pique has played plenty of games against lower la liga sides.

Tell me the lower league teams that compare in the air to Real, Sevilla, Valencia, Bilbao, Ateltico.

There are not really any. By far the most powerful teams in the air in la liga are the better teams.

The teams in the lower area of league have less physical players that dont get as quality balls played in to them.

Bartra has not been better in the air than Puque this season, it has not even been close.

Jombi

Tell me the lower league teams that compare in the air to Real, Sevilla, Valencia, Bilbao, Ateltico.

There are not really any. By far the most powerful teams in the air in la liga are the better teams.

The teams in the lower area of league have less physical players that dont get as quality balls played in to them.

Bartra has not been better in the air than Puque this season, it has not even been close.

Then why does Pique win less headers against these lower teams compared to Bartra if he is so much better in the air?

G

Gasgas

:pep:

JamDav1982

Then why does Pique win less headers against these lower teams compared to Bartra if he is so much better in the air?

Where are you getting that from?

Those stats class a header from a defender the same whether it is a punt up the park from Eibar or and Atletico set piece.

There is a world of difference what is more difficult to defend.

Pique has 4 goals from headers this seasons... where is Bartras if he is so dominant in air?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
i didn't say he wasn't good. But he is the forum's little pet now and some people think he is the second best or even best cb at the club. That's crazy.

If we count Mascherano as a CDM, then he is. Otherwise, he is the third best centerback at the club.

Home of Barca Fans