Mesut Ozil

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Mesut Ozil is one of the best players in Bundesliga this season.

Name: Mesut
Surname: Özil
Foot: Left
Position: Mittelfeld
Club: Werder Bremen
Dob: 15.10.1988

mesutozil.jpg

Ozil has 7 goals and 11 assists in Bundesliga in 19 matches.
His contract runs out next season which means he could be available at discount price this summer.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
I think he isnt a prick so he will resign with bremen.

but then again, he did leave schalke for free for the white and greens.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Doing horribly the past games now ... but so is Bremen doing in general.

Could be easily possible that he transfers away from BRemen. Will also depend on their league finish.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Doing horribly the past games now ... but so is Bremen doing in general.

Could be easily possible that he transfers away from BRemen. Will also depend on their league finish.

How do you rate him in comparison to Kroos?

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Tough call. Both are w/out doubt germanys biggest talents, but they also have different style and strengths, and a different personality.

Özil is technically a bit stronger id say, very agile with a strong dribbling, good finish and still a good view for his teammates. Kroos is a born playmaker. Outstanding vision, strong passing, awesome precise long balls and set pieces ... and he scores like crazy from outside the box, all while he is still a technically very gifted player.

Mentally its easy: Kroos seems like a true professional, withstanding any pressure and has a good overall attitude. Özil is, and i dont like to use the stereotypes but it seems valid somehow, a bit divaesque, like a typical south european player. Thus with a tendancy to inconsistancy.

As coach i would prolly always prefer Kroos. Özil is a bit further in his development, but he is also around 1.5 yrs older. Longterm i expect more from Kroos, esp. b/c of his personality. He could also have a tad more talent ... remember he was voted best player of the U17 WC in 2007 (ahead of Bojan btw) even though Germany only made it to 3rd place.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The thing I like about Özil is that the kid grew up, literally, on the streets...He played with older/bigger kids and is not a soft player...He does not easily go down, either - he will fight through tackles.

I couldn't compare the two as I know little of Kroos but what I know of Özil, I love...Plus, he loves Barca :worthy:

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Is Marin just a slightly worse Ozil?

Hm, you could get that impression b/c they have a similar appearance on the pitch. Both are quick and agile players with strong dribbling. But Özil offers more than that. He is a good scorer with a good overview and passing. Marin still lacks there imo, i.e. endproduct and efficiency. Although he seems to improve there in the past few matches.

B

beautifulgame

Ozil is a great candidate for the left side of Barca's attack. If you consider Silva then you should also consider Ozil.

el tren

Adolfo Valencia
Ozil is a great candidate for the left side of Barca's attack. If you consider Silva then you should also consider Ozil.

Quite true. They are very similar. Özil is prolly even the better scorer, although he prolly doesnt have Silvas ball control. But for the LW rather than the LCM spot he should be more suited than Silva.

BarçAFan10

"Made it, Ma! Top Of The World!"

Tottally agree and i think in 3 years or less he will be ideal for our left wing pos in particular and i think he's beeter and more versatile then kroos and marin.

KluivertsBoots

I would prefer a more seasoned player like Arda Turan for LW over Ozil. I don't believe Ozil is ready for a step up to a club like Barca. He needs more seasoning in top level environments before he is ready. If he came to Barca, it would take him a few years to bear fruit IMO.

However, I think a player like Turan could step in and immediately integrate. Plus, he would be available for a better price than some of the bigger "names" we'd look at. Ribery is ideal for LW, but he'd break the bank of course. Turan is my second choice behind Ribery.

V

Valon

Tbh I think Ozil is a better player than Arda.

Plus he plays in a better league for a better club atm.

KluivertsBoots

Tbh I think Ozil is a better player than Arda.

Plus he plays in a better league for a better club atm.

Mentally, Turan is way beyond Ozil. Turan has been a club captain and international regular playing in front of very passionate supporters.

In my opinion, Turan is a more cultured player and better suited to Liga. He operates better than Ozil in small spaces from what I have seen (though both are obviously very gifted with the ball). Ozil is a more direct, speed oriented EPL tyle player in my opinion. I think Ozil is perfectly suited for England where he can run at defenses from the halfway line. Turan is more fluid and better suited for the limited spaces Barca plays against, IMO.

Last edited:

KluivertsBoots

Ozil would be a perfect signing for Manchester United's style of play (speed/direct). I don't think he would be as suited to Barca's more methodical approach.

Home of Barca Fans