Mesut Ozil

Blackened

?zil in his Madrid days + a couple of years in Arsenal was very very good. Was he really as lazy as people made him out to be? I remember seeing some statistics which showed him running as much as pretty much everybody else in his teams. Just his relaxed body language creating the myth?

Temptation

?zil in his Madrid days + a couple of years in Arsenal was very very good. Was he really as lazy as people made him out to be? I remember seeing some statistics which showed him running as much as pretty much everybody else in his teams. Just his relaxed body language creating the myth?

In his peak, his work rate was fine.

Mourinho loved him. That says it all.

Temptation

Prime Ozil was probably the best chance creator of this generation. Absolute genius. Dude saw shit you couldn't see on TV. True Assist machine. His touchline dribbling was underrated.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Ive seen some Videos of his peak time at Real Madrid, i forgot how good this guy was at creating chances, his vision and passing ability was out of the world. Di Maria was also a beast at creating chances, it doesnt surprise that Real was able to score so many goals in 11/12. Having these two guys behind peak Ronaldo and Higuain (who was also a beast in 11/12) is a guarantee for goals.

cracken

Messi has like 350 career assists and some seasons with almost 30 assists.

Used to make more defense splitting passes in his prime than Ozil ever dreamed of. Go watch the assists for Villa's goals v RM in the 5-0.

There is much more to chance creation than through passes.

stats.jpg

Temptation

Peak Ozil vs De Bruyne. Who would you choose?

Depends on what my team is.

KDB more complete. Ozil better at his specific skill set.

In 2022, Ozil might be slightly outdated though. Accomadating him can be a bigger issue. You can accommodate KDB easily in any team.

Home of Barca Fans