Mesut Ozil

Gnidrologist

Is this a current trend or was it always like that, when a lot of players that have been near world beater level at some point, fade out rapidly? Ozil is not the only one, who had very short peak and went to shit fast. Think those clowns are paid too much for kicking a ball. Lot of people degrade, when showered with money without doing fuck all.

slicknick

Is this a current trend or was it always like that, when a lot of players that have been near world beater level at some point, fade out rapidly? Ozil is not the only one, who had very short peak and went to shit fast. Think those clowns are paid too much for kicking a ball. Lot of people degrade, when showered with money without doing fuck all.
I think it's all got to do with the mental strength and the player's determination to succeed (or not). While gifted technically, Mesut never had that blessing of mental strength...And yes, many (not all) players are the same, unfortunately

malvolio

https://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2021/01/24/600d79ea46163f78818b456e.html

basically what is wrong with football today

slicknick

Sustained partial tears to his inner and outer lateral ankle ligaments and he is now set to take in between 4-6 weeks on the sidelines. (GOAL)

Marshall D Teach

I'm talking more about pure 10s like Ozil who just stay up the field and provide assists. You need more to your game now.

I see Mueller as more of a second striker.

I'm talking more about pure 10s like Ozil who just stay up the field and provide assists. You need more to your game now.

I see Mueller as more of a second striker.

What do you think is the difference?

M?ller is the offensive playmaker with and without the ball, leads all kind of assist statistics, even provides a lot of preassists. One of the best pressers in the game. Commander and cheerleader of his team and right hand of the coach. Works hard defensively, too. He does not do freekicks or corners - but it is easier to get one making good freekicks etc. than having somebody who can disturb defenders in a box as he does... Yes, sometimes he scores goals, too, and he probably has one of the best goal instincts in the box for somebody that is no central forward (but he does not have the body for that!). Tactically very flexible.

In my eyes he today (that was not always like this) and in the recent two years was a lot more midfielder than striker. But maybe he should get his own category?

Last edited:

Morten

Fenerbache terminated his contract, should just retire at this point.

He was a great player, but the ending to his career is sad, declined early.

Respekt_III

CyaWouldntWannaBeYa
Fenerbache terminated his contract, should just retire at this point.

He was a great player, but the ending to his career is sad, declined early.

Think it was more so him losing interest in football rather than just outright declining. but yeah a shitty way to end his career.

Home of Barca Fans