Romelu Lukaku

serghei

He's great when you treat him as a classic conservative striker. Meaning, you give him the ball to finish off the actions. Chelsea is playing him like an all-around playmaker-striker which is basically not what he's good at because of poorish technique, he's not some Eto'o that's for sure :lol:.

This smells a bit like Pep vs Zlatan.

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He's great when you treat him as a classic conservative striker. Meaning, you give him the ball to finish off the actions. Chelsea is playing him like an all-around playmaker-striker which is basically not what he's good at because of poorish technique, he's not some Eto'o that's for sure :lol:.

This smells a bit like Pep vs Zlatan.

I think you haven't watched him at Inter. He was actually the "deep" striker for them whereas Lautaro was the advanced pressing forward. Lukaku would get the ball at the halfway line and charge forward like a train. He had a very specific role though, and it seems like Tuchel doesn't know how to use him. He is a poor targetman and not a good fit as the lone CF.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is an excellent player. If Lukaku replaced Lewandowski, he would have very similar stats.

Lukaku cannot play as a lone striker. He wouldn't be able to replicate what Lewandowski does.

Lukaku pretty much said it himself when he cried about Tuchel backing down from the system he was told they were going to play which I assume was a two-striker system with him and Werner at top.

iniestaGOAT

He was great with Inter which played to his strengths.

Tuchel style is far from ideal for him, i also believe Tuchel didn't really want him.

What he does in serie a does not matter. It's a crap league.

He was ok at everton , sucked at Chelsea, sucked and kicked out of united now he sucks again at Chelsea

Morten

What he does in serie a does not matter. It's a crap league.

He was ok at everton , sucked at Chelsea, sucked and kicked out of united now he sucks again at Chelsea

Someone said that he didn't actually score much more in Serie A either, if you look at non-penalty goals.

Had more assists than usual last season though.

Home of Barca Fans