Results 1,021 to 1,028 of 1028

Thread: Camp Nou

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fergus90 View Post
    There aren't many reasons for fans to watch Barca at the moment but if you live locally there's no excuse. However I do feel it's a cultural thing as well, the Spanish don't seem nearly as tribal about their football clubs where as the English will go up and down the country to watch their team home and away. Which is probably why you can buy tickets for Barcelona games on the day and when it comes to Man United unless you're a season ticket holder or member it's nigh on impossible to get a ticket for a home game.
    From my personal experience of going to games in some other Spanish cities, the tickets were much harder to buy, several times I had to resort to buying from third party vendors; and from what I read about clubs like Rayo Vallecano etc., Spanish clubs do have fans traveling all around the country attending away games. This apathy could just be a Barca thing, which makes me very curious and perplexed. Granted that Camp Nou is the largest stadium in Europe and you can hardly fill it entirely unless if it is el Clasico of the Messi-Ronaldo era, but you can tell from the general atmosphere how tamed it is compared to other Spanish venues.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Blaugrana al vent
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barca in dire situation and the Catalans cannot even bother to show up on a Saturday. I know there used to be many tourists at the Camp Nou but 37k on a Saturday game in October is pathetic. The state of this club, its socios, Catalans deserve it for not giving a shit.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah 37k is embarrassing. We really need locals support now and where is it? They should be happy now anyway, there are no tourist!! Isn't that what Batcelonians were hoping for years?! Tourist ruined Barcelona!

There used to be many anti-tourism signs on the streets of Barcelona. (Precovid).

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Online referendum on the 1.5 billion euro Espai Barca project will take place on December 19th. Eligible socis (being of legal age and not being legally disabled, having a minimum membership of one year, not having suspended membership status, and being included in the current electoral roll) will be able to vote online.
    Last edited by Luftstalag14; 26th November 2021 at 06:20 PM.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    Online referendum on the 1.5 billion euro Espai Barca project will take place on December 19th. Eligible socis (being of legal age and not being legally disabled, having a minimum membership of one year, not having suspended membership status, and being included in the current electoral roll) will be able to vote online.
    Why can't disabled socios vote?

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Why can't disabled socios vote?
    "legally incapacitated" is the correct term and the term used by the club communication on this matter, meaning socis who are legally incapacitated, i.e., people who are not in a position to make a decision, can't vote naturally.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    "legally incapacitated" is the correct term and the term used by the club communication on this matter, meaning socis who are legally incapacitated, i.e., people who are not in a position to make a decision, can't vote naturally.
    Oh, that's different then

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Oh, that's different then
    My bad in the original translation.

This vote is huge, in my opinion, in that it not only determines the fate of this crucial project but also opens up possibilities and avenues of future electronic voting in any club decision making that involves the socis, including future presidential election. Much higher voter turnout in future elections etc. if this December 18th vote, the first electronic voting in our history, is successful.
    Sóc Culer. Go HUAWEI!