Camp Nou

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What? Just 5m? To be included in Stadium name? How is that possible?

Yes, apparently so, 57.5m for the men's first team, women's first team and their training kits, plus just 5m more for the Camp Nou title rights for the next 5 (or 4?) years before Nou Camp Nou is built.

MTL_Barca

Naming rights for stadiums usually don't cost that much, out of the top of my head it's like 1-3M for small teams at least here in Germany. For Bayern i think it's just 5-6 as well, with the contract running another 20 years or so.

Barca/Camp Nou is bigger of course, but then again we only sold a little add-on to the name while other teams sell the whole thing. Everyone just keeps calling it Camp Nou, even reporters. Would be a much different story if we changed the name to Spotify Stadium or something like that.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think there is a difference between naming rights and title rights. The former will enable the rights holder to name the stadium completely after a brand name like the Emirates Stadium, the Etihad and the Allianz Arena etc. without a trace of anything else, which tends to pay a lot more. Some US venues have been able to get more than 20m a year for the naming rights. Title rights, the way I understand it, is basically just adding the brand name to the stadium's current name, without wiping it out clean completely, for example Spotify's deal with us right now. Therefore it generally bring in less money than naming rights.

However, I think once the Nou Camp Nou is built, we are trying to sell either the title rights or naming rights for a lot more money, I am hoping it is the former as we should always keep "Camp Nou" as part of the name. Also, selling naming rights is confusing and might hurt the club, for example, imagine if one day Allianz stopped sponsoring Bayern and sold its shares they have in that club and completely withdrew from that club (very unlikely, just hypothetically speaking), and somebody else bought the naming rights, Allianz Arena will be renamed as "Blah blah blah Arena" all of sudden, it is just odd.

Total-Football

The fuckers had the covid window to make this shit and take advantage of the situation and now they move to a shit stadium for 2 years despite the financial mess.

Home of Barca Fans