Camp Nou

serghei

Nice to get this going even though I dislike the exterior of this design. Think the outside of the Foster Project looked much better, but the overall project of this one obviously far superior.

I quite like the open exterior design, but then I'm not a fan of the UFO-spaceship trend in the first place.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I quite like the open exterior design.

I think the open design is better for fans with different plans and being able to walk across different levels. Will probably be quite cool. Don't like it much visually though.

Windhook

"If the members approve the new financing during the General Meeting, the approval will be obtained at the beginning of 2022 and works will be able to commence in the summer of that year. The transfer of the activities of the Camp Nou is being evaluated (either to Montju?c, to the Johan Cruyff Stadium) or a reduction in capacity, which would reduce the time of the construction works. It is expected to finish the works towards the end of 2025."

taken out of the PDF presentation Andresito provided. As I expected no mention of a Cornella-El Prat move.

Also day/night renders of the future stadium were already posted on club's social media

Although the previous design looked more flashy and Catalan on the outside, I like the final version with the solar panels and the midcircle flashing in club colours at night. When finished Camp Nou will be a state of the art stadium the city can be proud of.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I prefer the Foster exterior design too, the Nikki or whatever you call it "open Mediterranean-style" design is not for me. Are they going to install glass to keep people from falling off or something? I bet those glass can get dirty and misty and it won't look pretty.

Overall it is too much concrete and looks like 90's-ish exterior design to me.

Last edited:

Windhook

That estimate might have been way too low to begin with.

True. Most of the state of art stadiums that were finished in the last decade cost around 1.5-2b. The 600m estimate was from 2014, a typical behavior from Rosell/Barto trying to sell the idea to socios with lies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
how much will it cost ?

The Nou Camp Nou itself will cost 900m, the Nou Palau will cost 420m and the Campus will take up the rest.

Can't imagine renovating an indoor stadium like the Palau would cost a whopping 420m (initially budgeted at 90m I think). Sevilla's estimated cost to renovate/rebuild the new Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan is only 200m.

Messi983

61c395dcd93bd.r_d.1294-825-3792.jpeg

After the referendum on the financing of l?Espai Bar?a passed with a very high note, we must now focus on the works. As Llaurad?, Fort and Reverter have told during the campaign, during the next season, 2022-23, the Camp Nou will host the matches of all competitions but with half the capacity. What half? The one that comes in the attached graphic. That is to say, the entire rostrum and all the north goal positions will be kept open until the wing corner. This will allow two important things: that the other half of the field cut diagonally (the entire side and the south goal) can be closed to work piecework and that the subscribers who come to the field -on a rotating basis- do not have to suffer discomfort of the works. Thus, walkways and scaffolding are saved to enter those areas because they are not going to be worked on.

Why have Bar?a and the architects decided to keep that half of the field operational? Because in the gallery there is what they call, internally, "the brain" of the stadium. In other words, the changing rooms, the media posts -cameras, press stands, Ricard Maxenchs room- and the UCO, the Operational Control Unit from where all movements in the stadium are monitored.

It is not a question of a box or no box, tribunes or not. It is not classism. It is practicality and common sense. In the second year, when Bar?a play in Montju?c, it will be time to knock down the stands. At 65, it will be time to retire.

Messi983

Barcelona will play in Montju?c during the 2023/2024 season while works will be done at the Camp Nou. The club have to pay about 20 million euros for its use, although the agreement has not yet been finalized or signed. There is only room for 55,000 spectators. [sport]

Who is the owner of Montjuic we have to pay to? City of Barcelona?

behindbrowneyes

Barcelona will play in Montju?c during the 2023/2024 season while works will be done at the Camp Nou. The club have to pay about 20 million euros for its use, although the agreement has not yet been finalized or signed. There is only room for 55,000 spectators. [sport]

Who is the owner of Montjuic we have to pay to? City of Barcelona?

City Council of Barcelona.

The deputy mayor of Barcelona, Jaume Collboni, has confirmed that F.C. Barcelona are in negotiations to rent out the Estadi Lluis Companys from the state.

With Camp Nou set to undergo heavy renovations in the coming seasons, President Joan Laporta wants the team to play at the Lluis Companys during the 2023-24 season while construction is underway.

The club see it as a low-cost alternative and Collboni made it clear that the council would not be charging a premium for the rent, as per Mundo Deportivo.

“We want things to go well for Barca, because when Barca are doing well, Barcelona does well. We’re making it easy and we – the council – should help the club as much as we can.”

Home of Barca Fans