Camp Nou

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How's the Covid status in Spain? Are there any hopes of visiting Camp Nou this year?

A lot better, I read. I think we should be able to start next season with at least partial audience attending, since the CSD has already given greenlight to having partial audience in all areas not in level 1 for La Liga, Segunda and the ACB league venues toward the end of last season. With more people getting vaccinated, maybe we can return to like 50% capacity by the time the season starts in August.

Andresito

Staff member
Thanks. Will be interesting to see how much interest there'll be from the Socis with seasonal seats. Logically the stadium should be close to full capacity for a while with many people wanting to attend games, I assume.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
From what Laporta said today, looks like Espai Barca will be shelved, at least for now. What we do know is that no work will be done this year, the earliest we can expect any work to start is summer 2022. They are going to re-study the whole project, given the gigantic price tag of it (last time I read it could be over 1b, which is very fishy), and the current state of the club will not allow us to borrow and take on that much more additional debt to do it.

I wonder if they are going to start from scratch, including the design of the new Camp Nou. Whatever they do, I hope they don’t do it half-assedly and go for cheap, if this is going to bring us extra revenue and since we are already this late, they should do it correctly and with the latest technologies and designs etc. to maximize exposure, usage and revenues. Otherwise, don’t do it.

SmilerBam

I don't like the design of the new stadiums, They look soulless. Nou Camp needs upgrading, but not a total revamping.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
We need to make it smaller, it could improve in-game atmosphere and there's nothing to incentivize fans attending anyway.

FinBarcelonafan

We need to make it smaller, it could improve in-game atmosphere and there's nothing to incentivize fans attending anyway.

I like space. The roof needs to be closed, that would help the atmosphere and noise itself.

I hate visiting Old Trafford or Stamford Bridge. The seats are freaking small. Your knee is on someone's head basically. Might be good for the atmosphere, but you feel like tuna in a tuna can. It's awful.

Camp Nou is on a different level when you step in. It's so fecking massive. It's very cool. Not the same feeling with these two for example.

Andresito

Staff member
The capacity in the sports venues will be increased in the coming weeks. The Health Department has given the green light that the maximum allowed capacity reaches 60% in open air stadiums and 40% in closed venues [el pais]

We're getting closer and closer to our average attendance.

FinBarcelonafan

Doubt Camp Nou would be more than 60% full even if they allowed 100%.

Exactly. I'd say 60% sounds pretty much the max for average game. The state of the club, players and no travelers will hurt the Spectator amount.

It will hurt us in big games, which are huge draws.

Home of Barca Fans