Camp Nou

TheStig

The work at Montju?c Stadium has started to prepare it for the arrival of Bar?a next season. It's cleaning and construction will cost €20M.

Any info about what will they renovate at Monjuic?

Windhook

The work at Montju?c Stadium has started to prepare it for the arrival of Bar?a next season. It's cleaning and construction will cost €20M.

Any info about what will they renovate at Monjuic?

Usually it's some minor work to meet UEFA elite criteria.

Windhook

A lot of minor work if it will cost 20 mil.

Well your previous post mentions construction work. I don't know what that means. Montjuic hasn't hosted major event since 2012, but I don't believe the stadium to be in state of decay.

For example years ago it costed Ludogorets Razgrad's owner few millions out of his own pocket to renovate the national stadium to meet UEFA criteria and still there was some compromise from UEFA. Didn't involve any construction work, mainly some work on cleaning, painting, boxes and so on. Just for the club to be able to host matches in Bulgaria in Champions League.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
A lot of minor work if it will cost 20 mil.

Well your previous post mentions construction work. I don't know what that means. Montjuic hasn't hosted major event since 2012, but I don't believe the stadium to be in state of decay.

For example years ago it costed Ludogorets Razgrad's owner few millions out of his own pocket to renovate the national stadium to meet UEFA criteria and still there was some compromise from UEFA. Didn't involve any construction work, mainly some work on cleaning, painting, boxes and so on. Just for the club to be able to host matches in Bulgaria in Champions League.

The stadium is in a pretty terrible condition so they're probably refurbishing it completely or to a standard UEFA would accept hence the big cost. Although it may include infrastructure costs too shared with the City Council to ease the access to the stadium as I don't believe there are any metro stations or bus stations that close to the stadium.

soul24rage

If I remember this correctly, I'm guessing this is the plan for the foreseeable future?

22/23 - play in Camp Nou
23/24 - play in the Olympic Stadium
24/25 - play in Camp Nou, but 50% capacity
25/26 - 100% capacity

Laporta: "If everything goes as planned, Barca will return to Camp Nou in November 2024, with 70% capacity, and this Espai Barca project will be completed in June 2026."

Sounds like it'll take longer than expected

https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1610977929411928065

Laporta: "Next year, going to Montju?c, we will have a decrease in income, but we will compensate in another way."

https://twitter.com/barcacentre/status/1610975290779439107

Messi983

Important news...

FC Barcelona has announced that in a meeting of the Board of Directors on Monday it was agreed that the Turkish company Limak Construction will be in charge of the remodelling of Spotify Camp Nou, the work for which is expected to begin in June of this year once the first team's season is over.

https://www.fcbarcelona.com/en/club...charge-of-the-remodelling-of-spotify-camp-nou

Bar?a has selected a construction company for the remodeling of the Camp Nou. The club announced that the Turkish company Limak Construction will be in charge of carrying out the works for a "maximum guaranteed cost" of 900 million euros, as confirmed on Monday by the vice president of the club's institutional area, Elena Fort. In his appearance, however, he did not specify that the Catalan firm Vopi 4 and the Madrid firm Ghesa will collaborate in the reform, as RAC1 points out.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb...sas-espanolas-colaboraran-obras-camp-nou.html

Not sure what to think, they don't have much experience with stadiums, from what I've read they've only build Mersin Arena in Turkey a decade ago.

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

Wouldn't be a proper construction project without corruption, being way off schedule and costs explodion for no reason.

Home of Barca Fans