Camp Nou

Windhook

Olympic Stadium (Montjuic) is better in terms of attendance revenue, but the atmosphere of Olympic stadiums worldwide is poor in general. Estadi Johan Cruyff is too small for the club, on any bad day games are attended by at least 40 000 people at Camp Nou.

Andresito

Staff member
Problem with Olympic Stadium is that it itself needs renovations.

But considering we'll have to play there for 1-2 years it's probably worth it. And there is time to do it before Camp Nou closes down.

Last time someone played there was apparently in 2008. After that it's been used a few times for other events, like rugby and athletics.

JamDav1982

Best stadium by far would be Espanyols.

But folk will try and act pure Cule and make out they are a mortal enemy.

Reckon thats where it will land after a lot of faux outrage.

Messi983

How about playing at Bernaleo? :p

Since the socis have voted to go ahead, now we are in talks with Goldman Sachs to look for the money and in the meantime we have already started negotiations with several construction companies about the work. If everything goes as planned, the work will start next summer and the 22/23 season will still be played at Camp Nou, however with reduced capacity. I think the plan right now is to move the games completely away from Camp Nou starting with the 23/24 season for two seasons before coming back for the 25/26 season when the Nou Camp Nou opens. Initially Laporta and the board were mulling the Estadi Johan Cryuff and wanted to increase the capacity from the current 5000 to 15K but the plan was apparently discarded due to the cost of doing so and some logistics and permit issues, I believe. So now increasingly the option seems to be to play games at the Olympic Stadium. It has its own problems.

From what I've read we'll only play away in 23/24, other two seasons (22/23 and 24/25) will be played at Camp Nou with reduced capacity.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How about playing at Bernaleo? :p

From what I've read we'll only play away in 23/24, other two seasons (22/23 and 24/25) will be played at Camp Nou with reduced capacity.

You could be right, I suppose before they put the finishing touches on the Nou Camp Nou, they can open it up partially to play.

Windhook

Best stadium by far would be Espanyols.

But folk will try and act pure Cule and make out they are a mortal enemy.

Cornella-El Prat is privately owned by RCD Espanyol, meanwhile Montjuic is city council's. IMO the board will go ahead with the Olympic stadium as it would cost us less money, meanwhile Espanyol will try to milk out the maximum amount. Not to mention the displeasure from communities on both sides.

JamDav1982

Cornella-El Prat is privately owned by RCD Espanyol, meanwhile Montjuic is city council's. IMO the board will go ahead with the Olympic stadium as it would cost us less money, meanwhile Espanyol will try to milk out the maximum amount. Not to mention the displeasure from communities on both sides.

The Olympic stadium is a shitty stadium not built for football. Most likely less folk would want to go, barely has VIP facilities and boxes etc.

May well be that neither Barca or Espanyol want to share their place for a while but would all just be short sighted by both.

Espanyol like every other club in Spain is struggling financially they are not in a position to demand fortunes and cut off their nose to spite their face if wee happy enough to have Barca there.

Last edited:

Windhook

The Olympic stadium is a shitty little stadium not built for football. Most likely less folk would want to go, barely has VIP facilities and boxes etc.

The capacity is 60 000, the fifth largest in Spain. It's an iconic stadium, but the atmosphere is not suitable for modern football, just like the Olympic stadium in Kyiv is.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Esyanyol is actually not struggling financially, they just had a capital injection and cleared off their debt recently, their CEO Jose Duran said their current financial situation is the best in years. Not that I think it will have any impact on how much money they will demand from us should we want to rent it from them, I just don't think it is practical. Even if both sides agreed to it, practically there will be times when both teams play on the same day or even same time (the last several rounds toward the end of the season), scheduling-wise it will be a headache and maintenance-wise it is a lot of work.

When TSV 1860 rented the Allianz from Bayern, the two teams were in different tiers and played on different days for the most part and one of the reasons why the pitch at the Allianz was terrible was said to be because of it being overused and had little time to recover between games.

TheStig

Esyanyol is actually not struggling financially, they just had a capital injection and cleared off their debt recently, their CEO Jose Duran said their current financial situation is the best in years. Not that I think it will have any impact on how much money they will demand from us should we want to rent it from them, I just don't think it is practical. Even if both sides agreed to it, practically there will be times when both teams play on the same day or even same time (the last several rounds toward the end of the season), scheduling-wise it will be a headache and maintenance-wise it is a lot of work.

When TSV 1860 rented the Allianz from Bayern, the two teams were in different tiers and played on different days for the most part and one of the reasons why the pitch at the Allianz was terrible was said to be because of it being overused and had little time to recover between games.

You heard of Inter/Milan or Lazio/Roma?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Nice to get this going even though I dislike the exterior of this design. Think the outside of the Foster Project looked much better, but the overall project of this one obviously far superior.

ce680eba-9699-4768-9d95-76086029d1ee.jpg

camp.jpg

Home of Barca Fans