Camp Nou

behindbrowneyes

It looks nice from above and I like the rendering from the inside.

The outside though is pretty average and boring for a project of that price. Not that I want something crazy futuristic like the Bernabeu, but I expected more.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
For 900m (on the new Camp Nou alone), they'd better have that retractable pitch like Tottenham Hotspur's and Madrid's new Bernabeu does. It protects the pitch from all the event hosting and we can host other teams such as NFL and sporting events.

Bartomeu is right on one thing, they need to explain how the heck the cost went up so much (the overall of Espai Barca went from 600m to 800m under Bartomeu and now 1.5 billion).

Not sure which way this Saturday's vote by the delegates will go, and if it does go through, how all the socis will vote.

Not sure why Laporta need to explain this when Bartomeu's board had already foreseen this.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbym...bara-project-will-now-cost-almost-15-billion/

Windhook

Bartomeu is right on one thing, they need to explain how the heck the cost went up so much (the overall of Espai Barca went from 600m to 800m under Bartomeu and now 1.5 billion).

The world is going through another financial crisis, energy crisis and everything crisis.:lol: Basically the construction materials got 2-3 times more expensive. And it's not just the construction materials, but probably every single resource on the planet is rising in price on the market currently. I'm in the agriculture business and the price of fertilizers last year was around 300 euro/ton, at the moment it's over 800 euro/ton.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Not sure why Laporta need to explain this when Bartomeu's board had already foreseen this.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/bobbym...bara-project-will-now-cost-almost-15-billion/

This is the first time I am hearing that the cost would amount to anywhere close to 1.5 billion under Bartomeu. It is odd that the author of that Forbes article included repayment in the total cost, that makes no sense (or does he mean by taking out another loan just to pay off the repayment cost? Either way it is odd).

The new Palau would cost 400m under the new plan by Laporta. Renovating and expanding an indoor stadium would cost as much as what clubs spend on building a new outdoor stadium (for example the new Mestalla)? Really some head-scratching stuff.

serghei

It looks nice from above and I like the rendering from the inside.

The outside though is pretty average and boring for a project of that price. Not that I want something crazy futuristic like the Bernabeu, but I expected more.

IMO, it's better that it looks more like a Museum or an Institution than like that ugly as fuck Apple headquarters.

malvolio

It was clear that the whole Espai Barca project is a cash cow for however is president at the time of the renovation.

jamrock

Bartomeu over pay & over value players.
Undervalue/cheap out on the cost of the statium, the thing that will make us money, sounds about right.

DonAK

This is the first time I am hearing that the cost would amount to anywhere close to 1.5 billion under Bartomeu. It is odd that the author of that Forbes article included repayment in the total cost, that makes no sense (or does he mean by taking out another loan just to pay off the repayment cost? Either way it is odd).

The new Palau would cost 400m under the new plan by Laporta. Renovating and expanding an indoor stadium would cost as much as what clubs spend on building a new outdoor stadium (for example the new Mestalla)? Really some head-scratching stuff.

I don't know about the new Palau and honestly don't even care if they cut costs there and make it less....attractive unless they decide to use it to hold other events and make money off it that way. I'm not that interested in basketball, and especially Euro Basketball.

Not surprised the stadium renovations are going to cost so much though. Cost of materials and everything have skyrocketed last few years. Also renovating an old stadium with older structures than most members here can be more costly than building something from scratch, which I would have liked them to consider. A new stadium at another location or tearing down the Camp Nou and rebuilding it, but I have to assume they did their due diligence on that and found out it's not worth it.

I don't know about New Mestalla, but that project have been at a standstill for what seems like more than a decade. I bet you the cost of finalizing that thing have gone up big time.

FinBarcelonafan

Euro basketball might become something better. Apparently NBA wants to make European Super League for basketball.

Would be very smart move from NBA. The sport can grow a lot in Europe.

DonAK

[MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION]

Laporta just said that the former board have already spent 145m on the project with only 5% of the work being done.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It doesn't matter under who, 1.5 billion is a lot, too much money in my opinion. Not comparable with what other clubs have spent, even given all the inflation factors into consideration.

Not that I am saying the delegates today should veto it, they should question it more. But the typical Barca socis, you know, could careless since only 7 showed up at the informative session held on Thursday.

DonAK

Less than 400 showed up today.

Pretty pathetic to be honest.

I honestly think we have one of the worst fanbases both locally and internationally.

Home of Barca Fans