Camp Nou

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Doubt Camp Nou would be more than 60% full even if they allowed 100%.

for August-September, yeah. But Camp Nou easily attracts at least 80% for LL games. For CL games and important LL matches it is almost always 90%-100%. Losing Messi won't not change this.

FinBarcelonafan

for August-September, yeah. But Camp Nou easily attracts at least 80% for LL games. For CL games and important LL matches it is almost always 90%-100%. Losing Messi won't not change this.

https://int.soccerway.com/national/spain/primera-division/20182019/regular-season/r47983/

2018-2019 season we had on average 75k. (LaLiga winners)

Now less interest for sure. Worse players, less travel.

60% will be enough for most of the matches

TheStig

You can't compare pre-Covid and Messi era with what is waiting us in the future. A looooot of people in CN are tourist and Messi fanboys.

Let's just hope they allow 60% for the entire season. I think in winter we will again see empty staduims.

Andresito

Staff member
You can't compare pre-Covid and Messi era with what is waiting us in the future. A looooot of people in CN are tourist and Messi fanboys.

Let's just hope they allow 60% for the entire season. I think in winter we will again see empty staduims.

I think capacity will be fine all season. Even if Covid cases increase, Spain have good vaccination numbers.
People getting mild covid isn't the issue. As long as the ICU's are fine, it shouldn't be any problem. The vaccine prevents just that.

khaled_a_d

https://int.soccerway.com/national/spain/primera-division/20182019/regular-season/r47983/

2018-2019 season we had on average 75k. (LaLiga winners)

Now less interest for sure. Worse players, less travel.

60% will be enough for most of the matches

Link isn't working, but is it 75k in attendance or sold tickets?
I remember we once had a problem with attendance of season ticket holders, most tickets sold but not attendance

FinBarcelonafan

Link isn't working, but is it 75k in attendance or sold tickets?
I remember we once had a problem with attendance of season ticket holders, most tickets sold but not attendance

Go to standings and click the "League table" and choose "Attendance".

Not sure if it's sold tickets or in attendance.

Mitchell1978

I heard they want a stadium with 110.000 seats.

Seems bonkers seeing as they couldn't even fill the current stadium with the greatest Barca teams and players of all time.

Messi983

If the Bar?a partners approve the financing plan of l?Espai Bar?a, it will be necessary to decide where to play during a long period of the Camp Nou works. There are 3 options. In the same stadium, on Montju?c or at the Johan Cruyff. Joan Laporta, in RAC1, seemed to be leaning towards the expansion, up to 50,000 seats, of the Sant Joan Desp? stadium built for 6,000 Catalans. "How will they fit?" Bast? asked him. "With a virguer?a", responded the optimistic President. It will take much more than imagination. Nothing is impossible, but to put 23,000 more people in the Johan Cruyff Stadium (let alone 44,000 more) there would be geometric, mobility and regulatory problems. On the one hand, the new building would exceed the limits of the plot. The delimitation makes it unfeasible. The mobility of Sant Joan Desp?, the access to the field (the corner is a mousetrap) and the lack of parking make it more difficult. If for 6,000 localities they forced to build 700 spaces for cars, now that that parking would disappear, even worse. And, later, some extra stands that have to accommodate so many public, and that are not removable for fifteen days as in a tennis tournament, they need permits so fussy that municipal technicians and firefighters would sign with their hearts in a fist. And what about UEFA? Does anyone think that it would allow the Champions to play in a stadium like this? Nice try, bad idea.

Lol, no way this would work.

Andresito

Staff member
I thought Laporta was negotiating for the Olympic Stadium to get some necessary upgrades so we can play there temporarily.

iniestaGOAT

Losing Messi might lower attendance for a while eventually it will recover. If 60-70k people are attending 90k capacity, when it's 110k 80-90 will attend

behindbrowneyes

Don't think that Messi is even the main reason. Covid really has curbed tourism and passenger numbers are still half of pre-Covid level in most countries. Don't know the exact rules in Spain, but a big problem for Austrian tourism is that Chinese, Russian and some other vaccines are not accepted by our authorities. Therefore, many Asians can't travel to Austria. I mean, they probably can, but they don't get entry to some facilities like hotels, museums etc.

Andresito

Staff member
Socios will vote regarding Espai Barca on Saturday after being postponed from this weekend's General Assembly.

Can tell what decision the club is pushing for.

Windhook

Looks nice, but with current sinking finances at the club it's not a good move. Look what happened to Valencia with their unfinished fantastic new stadium, which ruined the club for decades. Instead of being among the biggest clubs in Europe, the last decade was spent in selling some of the most promising Spanish players to the English Premier League.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
For 900m (on the new Camp Nou alone), they'd better have that retractable pitch like Tottenham Hotspur's and Madrid's new Bernabeu does. It protects the pitch from all the event hosting and we can host other teams such as NFL and sporting events.

Bartomeu is right on one thing, they need to explain how the heck the cost went up so much (the overall of Espai Barca went from 600m to 800m under Bartomeu and now 1.5 billion).

Not sure which way this Saturday's vote by the delegates will go, and if it does go through, how all the socis will vote.

Home of Barca Fans