Camp Nou

majql

@IrvDizzle - I love that poster! Do you, by any chance, have a bigger version of it so I could get it print? Or maybe you know from where I could order it?

I read some articles two months back that they are planning to build a new Camp Nou, and that the board is just taking it slow with the negotiations. How true are these?

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
I read some articles two months back that they are planning to build a new Camp Nou, and that the board is just taking it slow with the negotiations. How true are these?
Yeah there were rumors i mean more than just rumors,there was a plan to build a new stadium or atleast expand the Camp Nou with more luxury,the reason was cause the Camp Nou doesn't have some of the facilities other major stadiums have, but its gone quite now and i hope it stays this way.

La LL

Generally Delightful

I've been reading quite a bit about in the local papers. Seems like they want to build a new stadium out by the sea.

noufcmar(3).jpg

Barcelona-New-Camp-Nou.jpg

I agree that they should renovate Camp Nou instead. It's an important stadium with a far more important history.

M

mitkoa7x

I've been reading quite a bit about in the local papers. Seems like they want to build a new stadium out by the sea.

noufcmar(3).jpg

That has Quatar foundation written all over it.. I dont like it.

Barcelona-New-Camp-Nou.jpg

I agree that they should renovate Camp Nou instead. It's an important stadium with a far more important history.

This looks far too posh. All the Camp Nou needs is an expansion, a roof and improvements where the structure is outdated.

DucdeOrléans

The first picture is from a very old proposal during Laporta's regency. Not going to happen though.

The second picture is that horrible Foster project that was cancelled.

Last edited:

DucdeOrléans

Thank god...

The Foster + Partners design was excellent, would have been thrilled with that.

Really? You like that clown design? The first is much better but I remember that the cost of it would be enormous so it never really gained momentum. Shortly afterwards the Foster project was proposed but due to the financial climate it was axed. And apparently because it did not have the publics wide support nor did Rosell like it.

Personally I am fine with that.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I really do, Ducde. It offers that modernisation that the Camp Nou is crying out for, whilst still being unique and distinctive. The way that they designed the outside was fairly ingenious and fitting for the city of Barcelona, despite being similar to the Allianz, it would have been capable of creating many colours and patterns when required.

Post a pic please.
It's in your last post.

Sergio

Sergison
I really do, Ducde. It offers that modernisation that the Camp Nou is crying out for, whilst still being unique and distinctive. The way that they designed the outside was fairly ingenious and fitting for the city of Barcelona, despite being similar to the Allianz, it would have been capable of creating many colours and patterns when required.

It's in your last post.
Well said Jordan. Foster's proposal was actually a very smart piece of design, the ability to radically upgrade and expand a stadium while not having the team play elsewhere was a master stroke. Rosell's dropping it as part of his financial scare mongering tactics was a big negative for the club in the longer term, even Espanyol now have better facilities than Barca as a result.

Home of Barca Fans