Andres Iniesta

Messi983

4 years since he has played his last game for Barca. True legend who knew when was his time to leave even if he could probably still play in this current team.

BerkeleyBernie

4 years since he has played his last game for Barca. True legend who knew when was his time to leave even if he could probably still play in this current team.

I don't think it was about leaving for the benefit of Barca. I don't think it was much fun for him to play once Neymar started slowing down link-up play on the left and Iniesta was pushed further back; and then when Xavi was made a bench player and finally left. It wasn't about his skill; it was about the players around him. Better to go find a new challenge elsewhere.

serghei

Yeah. You know things are bad when even a calm fellow like Iniesta was sensing vs Roma that things were going to shit.

vegitot

Ini is damaged badly by injuries. If he was totally healthy, i think he would play for more seasons.

Nazario1985

I'd like to see him as a sporting manager if he has the guts for it, because surely he will not be lacking ideas.

Still having nightmares' from Abidal

Catta

I'd like to see him as a sporting manager if he has the guts for it, because surely he will not be lacking ideas.

Still having nightmares' from Abidal

Why Iniesta. Has he shown anything that would make him a good sporting director.

We should stop looking at ex players, and start looking at competent and qualified people for important jobs.

Joan

I also expect Iniesta to have a significant career in football after his retirement. Might take it slow though.

Andresito

Staff member
Never struck me as someone who'd succeed off the pitch in football. At most maybe as a youth coach or an assistant.

Messi983

FVzQFDXVsAA9SCL

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Iniesta: "You have to be at your absolute best to play for FC Barcelona, raising your level to 200-300% consistently. I couldn't do that anymore, that's why I decided to leave."

Always loved this absolute legend :iniesta:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Iniesta: "You have to be at your absolute best to play for FC Barcelona, raising your level to 200-300% consistently. I couldn't do that anymore, that's why I decided to leave."

Always loved this absolute legend :iniesta:

i think Iniesta could have played one more season, he was still good in 17-18 but he probably decided to leave as like he said he realized he isnt at his best anymore, some other guys didnt realize it yet :busquets: :pique:

Messigician

He's so likeable

What is your wish for 2023?

Iniesta: "Health. Health for me and my family. After that, to keep enjoying football, and for Bar?a to win the titles that they're competing for."

Home of Barca Fans