Andres Iniesta

Cool

If Sergi Roberto doesn't start, I hope he leaves and flips a finger at Bartomeu.

tbh I always viewed Roberto as an RCM and I don't think a midfield of Roberto and Rakitic will work, if It was up to me I'd start Alena as LCM and Roberto as RCM.

Petulant Whiner

Hmmmm...

3-4-1-2

ter Stegen
Umtiti
Pique
Mascherano
Alba
Busquets
Rakitic
Vidal
Messi
Suarez
Paco

Sadly this is boud to happen more an more often from now on. There should have already been a player ready to take his place!

I really hope Coutinho comes this transfer window.

Zincubus

Banned
The most Iniesta should be this season is Messi back up at AM or a substitute later in game with Messi maybe moving wider or CF.

Any position he is relied upon defensively is just pointless now. Save his legs for attacking third.

Yep, I'd agree .

Amazing player and great guy by all accounts but he should be used as a 60th minute superSub now to either save a game or close a game out if we're leading .

mark1nhu

For anyone thinking we don't need Coutinho and Iniesta can handle another year as our main midfield man:

FTNlrcy.jpg

Jombi

And for the people that want to renew Iniesta's contract with his enormous wages.

For people who want to sign 29 year olds on fat contracts as well. Its just stupid to sign 29 year olds for high fees. They usually decline in a year or two and the transfer fee can not in any way be justified compared to signing someone who can play at the highest level for 8-10 years.

Machiavelli

It was time to create an account here after all these years following this forum, i never felt like i needed it before, but with all this chaos going on, i had to.

Several sites reporting about this interview with Iniesta, all of them are mentioning El Pais as source, i don't have a clue about good sources, can someone with experience tell us if El Pais is trustworthy?

What is happening? First Neymar, then reports about Messi and Man C, and now Iniesta? He is old but still one of my favourite players, never thought he even would consider not to end his career with Barca!

"Right now, I have still not signed a new contract," he said. "I have felt many strange feelings for the first time, but I think this may be normal.
"This is a scenario that, probably three years ago, I could never have imagined.
"Let's say that I sometimes ask myself about my future when I didn't do it before."
"I feel like everyone else, with enthusiasm and ambition to win again and to recover that respect we've had for a long time,"
"[Madrid] are a great team, with the best players in the world, but I want to say that our challenge is to find what we lost last year."
"The Supercopa was a painful defeat because it was the first title we could win but they were very effective."
"All the defeats, especially against Madrid, always raise questions, [as does] the situation that has taken place in the last few weeks."

I don't know Spanish, maybe the real interview is different and as usual the words are bend on English media!

El Flaco

It was time to create an account here after all these years following this forum, i never felt like i needed it before, but with all this chaos going on, i had to.

Several sites reporting about this interview with Iniesta, all of them are mentioning El Pais as source, i don't have a clue about good sources, can someone with experience tell us if El Pais is trustworthy?

What is happening? First Neymar, then reports about Messi and Man C, and now Iniesta? He is old but still one of my favourite players, never thought he even would consider not to end his career with Barca!

"Right now, I have still not signed a new contract," he said. "I have felt many strange feelings for the first time, but I think this may be normal.
"This is a scenario that, probably three years ago, I could never have imagined.
"Let's say that I sometimes ask myself about my future when I didn't do it before."
"I feel like everyone else, with enthusiasm and ambition to win again and to recover that respect we've had for a long time,"
"[Madrid] are a great team, with the best players in the world, but I want to say that our challenge is to find what we lost last year."
"The Supercopa was a painful defeat because it was the first title we could win but they were very effective."
"All the defeats, especially against Madrid, always raise questions, [as does] the situation that has taken place in the last few weeks."

I don't know Spanish, maybe the real interview is different and as usual the words are bend on English media!

Welcome to the forum! :)

And yes, Iniesta made his interview with the Spanish outlet 'El Pais'

[tw]899141462977282048[/tw]

[tw]899234245104852992[/tw]

Ritchie

He's 34 this season, maybe his last season at the club and as a squad player if we buy Coutinho. A bit like Xavi's last season.

He's not offering enough anymore. Messi has to drop into midfield to create anything and he doesn't protect the defence.

We can't afford to waste another huge salary on extending him. Coutinho would effectively be Iniesta's replacement with Dembele Neymar's replacement if those deals could be done.

Home of Barca Fans