Xavi Hernández

Devils

If he doesn't change something rapidly, we are going to be in big trouble next season.

What's worse is that fat rat Laporta will probably be too scared to sack him no matter how bad he does.

It's incredibly watching the way Real Madrid and Liverpool move the ball on the wings and how their players are always moving into space, forming triangles and creating attacking opportunites.

Meanwhile Xavi has 39 year old Alves deliveing crosses from 30-40 yards out as soon as he receives the ball.

Total-Football

If he doesn't change something rapidly, we are going to be in big trouble next season.

What's worse is that fat rat Laporta will probably be too scared to sack him no matter how bad he does.

It's incredibly watching the way Real Madrid and Liverpool move the ball on the wings and how their players are always moving into space, forming triangles and creating attacking opportunites.

Meanwhile Xavi has 39 year old Alves deliveing crosses from 30-40 yards out as soon as he receives the ball.

Another thing. Not a single player moves an inch in the final third unless the ball is sent straight to his foot. That's why we just pass pass pass and hope something works out and it never works unless vs farmers.

vegitot

Xavi's own decision making will likely be what haunts him more than Real Madrid's success.

Let's see though. Cross your fingers for him making a complete U-turn with regards to his tactics and player selection for the next season.

Madrid win the double while they are declining, mean no reason for Barca can not win tittle next year. And that will affect Xavi a lot.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Madrid win the double while they are declining, mean no reason for Barca can not win tittle next year. And that will affect Xavi a lot.

It should, shouldn't it? While may not win the title surely Barca ought to aim to at least win the Copa and compete till the end for La Liga.

If we're still like 10-15 points behind Real Madrid by December then what is Xavi even doing really? Especially if he's still starting his buddies. He has already successfully convinced Laporta and co. to renew his other guy Roberto.

If his buddies keep sucking and Xavi keep playing them then he cannot be surprised if we sink like titanic.

khaled_a_d

We won during our decline in 2018 and 2019.
We tried to push it more with no success for 3 years. Time to accept we need a new era

serghei

It should, shouldn't it? While may not win the title surely Barca ought to aim to at least win the Copa and compete till the end for La Liga.

If we're still like 10-15 points behind Real Madrid by December then what is Xavi even doing really? Especially if he's still starting his buddies. He has already successfully convinced Laporta and co. to renew his other guy Roberto.

If his buddies keep sucking and Xavi keep playing them then he cannot be surprised if we sink like titanic.

I agree, if we finish 10-15 points behind Real next season Xavi should get the heat and maybe even get the sack. In other words, an improvement from this season is necessary. This means at least a closer difference to Madrid, plus getting out of the groups in CL.

But, if the opposite happens, and we give the current La Liga and CL holders a run for their money for the La Liga next season, without any signings like Kounde and Lewandowski, then everyone should chill the fuck out and recognize we're on the right path and Xavi and Laporta are working hard to get this club back in the mix, and should accordingly get more credit.

JamDav1982

I agree, if we finish 10-15 points behind Real next season Xavi should get the heat and maybe even get the sack. In other words, an improvement from this season is necessary. This means at least a closer difference to Madrid, plus getting out of the groups in CL.

But, if the opposite happens, and we give the current La Liga and CL holders a run for their money for the La Liga next season, without any signings like Kounde and Lewandowski, then everyone should chill the fuck out and recognize we're on the right path.

It all depens on who club signs really.

if they sign Lewandowski that is purely for instant success and at worst running Real very close. Other wise no point signing him.

Depends who Real sign as well but Barca will be expected to challenge.

BADGERBHOY

Slim chance. Quality free players ask for a lot of money in bonuses and wages. So we have no real chance to fill these positions except getting lucky as we did with Pedri.

Singing a cheap player on a low wage that happens to be class is the stuff of fairy tales. Seldom happens. It can happen, except in our case, we have quite a few players already that cost us little compared with their potential and quality. Araujo, Pedri, Gavi, Fati. You can't build a whole team like that. We have to put in some money to fill the other positions with more experienced top players.

I'm not talking about 100m signings, but 40-50m signings for 4-5 positions will be needed. We simply lack the funds to get those pieces, and we'll have to make due with the veterans in those positions for another season.

These guys are on 200 - 300k a week, you're not telling me we cant find any players in the world for less than this. We need to be smarter with the money we do have and who we spend it on.
At this stage those guys are not giving anywhere near value for money and I would be happy to free those wages and spend it elsewhere.

Barcilliant

These guys are on 200 - 300k a week, you're not telling me we cant find any players in the world for less than this. We need to be smarter with the money we do have and who we spend it on.
At this stage those guys are not giving anywhere near value for money and I would be happy to free those wages and spend it elsewhere.

Mane is on a 100k a week. Just unbelievable imo. He should be on 250k a week minimum.

delancey

Mane is on a 100k a week. Just unbelievable imo. He should be on 250k a week minimum.

I have always viewed Liverpool as a penny pinching club! It is always funny to me when players who demand sky high wages get linked to Liverpool. Common sense would dictate that a club with their wage structure would not be in the race for that caliber of player.

Owners are too greedy and focused on profit maximization. Once Klopp leaves, their glory days are over.

serghei

Mane is on 100k a week because at the time of his signing 4-5 years ago he was not a marketable name. Same with Salah really. I doubt Liverpool improved the original contracts of these guys despite them reaching WC level after 2 years or so.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Liverpool do let the contracts run at times for players of certain age.. they have done the same with Wijnaldum and Salah.

There are positives and negatives to that. They can piss of the players who ask for a lot more when do go to extend at end of contract and risk losing some of them in peak years for lower fees.

Mane is worth a lot more than 30m and still at his peak.

Other part is if you have options to sign for Liverpool and they dont reward for performances could hinder getting some player going forward.

Mane is worth a lot more than 30m and still at his peak.

Of course paying shite too much as Barca have done is not a better alernative.

Home of Barca Fans