Xavi Hernández

Barcilliant

Busquets is not being played due to injuries. Xavi sees him as the core of the team and best DM in the world.

That is my fear about Xavi.. that he scoffs at the rest of the world in football and has this idea that the Barca way is unique and have to dive down deeper and deeper into it to improve.

He is setting up a team today that has wide players hugging the touchline and 40 yards from the CF. A midfield that is based on Busquets and players positioning themselves for patterns with the wide players etc.

It just looks formulaic, dated and lacks the athleticism of top sides.

Could all change if he adapts and when better players come in but that last three home game have been worse set up than previously this season and other game had less of ball and less chances than an average Villareal side.

This.

Our football is dated. I've been saying it for four years now. You can keep the basic template but you have to modify it in alot of areas. Greater emphasis on physicality, playing more direct, better defense, more emphasis on set pieces. The list goes on. The club will not qualify for the cl next two seasons if we keep this up.

Barcilliant

If I was Laporta I would give Xavi this season and next season. That's it. Next season has to be top four. I don't expect trophies during this period. We are simply not good enough. There is the danger of becoming like Utd and OGS if we let Xavi stay too long.
Laporta really fucked up. Either should have sacked Koeman at the end of last season. He didn't want him and undermined him.

mc_lovin

This.

Our football is dated. I've been saying it for four years now. You can keep the basic template but you have to modify it in alot of areas. Greater emphasis on physicality, playing more direct, better defense, more emphasis on set pieces. The list goes on. The club will not qualify for the cl next two seasons if we keep this up.

Or we just lack quality.

Devils

Xavi isn't doing himself any favors.

Everyone knew that he would favor Busi/Pique/Alba/Roberto when all of them should have been phased out. But Xavi believes in them and wants them to stay. On top opf that, he bought back Alves who is also in the same category as those mentioned above.

This team needed a manager who would want to get rid of those players above and bring in new generation.

Everything I feared about Xavi is turning out to be true!

Tragic!

Messigician

Xavi isn't doing himself any favors.

Everyone knew that he would favor Busi/Pique/Alba/Roberto when all of them should have been phased out. But Xavi believes in them and wants them to stay. On top opf that, he bought back Alves who is also in the same category as those mentioned above.

This team needed a manager who would want to get rid of those players above and bring in new generation.

Everything I feared about Xavi is turning out to be true!

Tragic!

You just wanted Rodgers in

iniestaGOAT

This.

Lmao do you just repeat this after every loss

cro-man

Already cant take him serious after seeing him playing puig:lol: But what to expect from a guy who never trained a proper team.

FinBarcelonafan

What BBZ is saying, in order to build a great team you need a great generation of players or sheikh money nowadays. There's always luck involved.

And even if you have shitloads of money, it can come with ruin, because you have clown like Bartomeu leading the club and deciding which players to buy.

Soo, we will need some serious luck to get out of this, because we are broke. That makes thing harder already.

Luckily, we definitely have the best prospect pool coming out of Barca since Xavi/Iniesta/Messi came out. Good timing to be lucky because otherwise we would be totally screwed. I am not saying current prospects are on these guys level, but they are good for sure. Fati, Gavi, Pedri etc. Gives you a lot of hope for sure.

Last edited:

Messigician

What BBZ is saying, in order to build a great team you need a great generation of players or sheikh money nowadays. There's always luck involved.

And even if you have shitloads of money, it can come with ruin, because you have clown like Bartomeu leading the club and deciding which players to buy.

Soo, we will need some serious luck to get out of this, because we are broke. That makes thing harder already.

False

Barto said his scouting staff were in charge of signings.

Messigician

Don't believe our scouts would be stupid enough to buy Griezmann. There was no fit.

Everybody knew it. It was the most bizarre signing. Total Galactico signing. He got cocky of his success with MSN.

Griezmann was the specific example Barto used when he said he listened to the scouting staff for him as they said Suarez should be phased out due to knee problems and he would have preferred to keep Suarez if it was up to him

Horatio

You're welcome
Listening to Xavi's press conferences sounds like he knows what's going on. Probably knows we have to look for small improvements and not expect a lot of goals soon.
Sounds genuine when he says he is proud of the team.

Trust the process?

Barcilliant

Listening to Xavi's press conferences sounds like he knows what's going on. Probably knows we have to look for small improvements and not expect a lot of goals soon.
Sounds genuine when he says he is proud of the team.

Trust the process?

The process is faulty. How can we trust it? . Xavi only knows one way to coach. Modern football has moved on. Too many romantics here are in love with our past. Xavi and Laporta included.

Home of Barca Fans