Xavi Hernández

Iniesta Ultra

I was annoyed before thinking Xavi was going to succeed while discriminating Puig. Now I'm depressed I can't see him succeeding long term.

I wish Iniesta already had coaching experience, he doesn't have any of Xavi's ego problems.

ajnotkeith

Xavi tactics at worst the forward players are width of pitch apart.

Nothing coming rom middle of park as they pass it wide slowly and no combinations from full backs.

This game he had Ferran hugging touchling and fucking Alba more or less a playmaker trying to open game from middle of park.

Absolutely fucking terrible stuff.

The reality is during our great run of form almost all our goals were scored from crosses.

Nothing wrong with using crossing as a tool but it seems it is his only gameplan and when teams twig onto it you must adjust and have some options to play through the middle of the field.

You could see it with how Cadiz played Adama, they knew he would go to the byline and cross every time and they pushed him inside, which he could not do as he is instructed not to cut in.

Joan

This game he had Ferran hugging touchling and fucking Alba more or less a playmaker trying to open game from middle of park.

Absolutely fucking terrible stuff.

That was terrible. Forcing both players into roles they're not comfortable with while they would look way better with Ferran cutting inside and Alba providing width.

What was even the point? To have symmetric setup?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Xavi's rigidity or inflexibility clearly shows, when we need to make changes to our game. He has not responded to the game well, either he doesn't see it or he doesn't want to change it.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He lost the plot, he's too over confident... Thinks because we played a handful of decent matches he had everything figured out, still an amateur...

JamDav1982

Can make that quote about Barca being 'obligated to play' a certain way when in reality he is not playing that way.

Just uses it as an excuses to protect certain players at times.

Needs to learn from these games but didnt learn after Frankfurt first leg and didnt see to learn anything from second leg to today.

Iniesta Ultra

The reality is during our great run of form almost all our goals were scored from crosses.

Nothing wrong with using crossing as a tool but it seems it is his only gameplan and when teams twig onto it you must adjust and have some options to play through the middle of the field.

In his interview yesterday Xavikjaer said "when the inside lanes are closed, we need alternatives to go wide..."

ajnotkeith

Xavi: "We have generated enough chances to get the three points but we have not finished them'.

This is the problem... Even though Cadiz created enough chances to humiliate us, he doesn't discuss that, but thinks 'we could have stolen this game if we finished a chance or two'.

KingLeo10

He made some mistakes for 2 games in a row, but was excellent for the 20 before that.

Justly should be criticized for these 2 games and needs to improve but the poser and fraud toxic comments are just that - toxic.

For the record, I didn't rate him pre Jan. I rate him now. And will rate him till he full on loses the plot. And not 2 bad games.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi: "We have generated enough chances to get the three points but we have not finished them'.

This is the problem... Even though Cadiz created enough chances to humiliate us, he doesn't discuss that, but thinks 'we could have stolen this game if we finished a chance or two'.

Taking a single quote from an entire post-match interview and press conference where he goes on about how bad the team played tonight is not a fair reflection of what he thinks.

Especially when a lot of these quotes on Twitter are mistranslated.

JamDav1982

He made some mistakes for 2 games in a row, but was excellent for the 20 before that.

Justly should be criticized for these 2 games and needs to improve but the poser and fraud toxic comments are just that - toxic.

Wasnt excellent in all 20 and were fortunate in a few but they have been awful v Frankfurt x2 and now Cadiz and similar issues in all three.

The frustrating part if the way team was set up more than once and the excuses used.

malvolio

As I've said in the chat - we're going to burn through 500M before being able to challenge for everything like we used to.

We are miles off Madrid and the gap will get bigger once they get some world class players in.

FinBarcelonafan

Wasnt excellent in all 20 and were fortunate in a few but they have been awful v Frankfurt x2 and now Cadiz and similar issues in all three.

The frustrating part if the way team was set up more than once and the excuses used.

Cracks were showing already vs Galatasaray. Way too close. Any physicality and we crumble.

Home of Barca Fans