Xavi Hernandez

jamrock

Araujo is more of a physical monster than VVD, but he will never develop the soft skills VVD has, but their isn't a young defender I'll take over him in the world right now, maybe one will emerge but I don't see that player right now.

Windhook

Now don't give ideas to Klopp, please.:lol:

VVD + Araujo is one of the best matchups in the world right now.

Araujo is young and learning, improving, there's a huge progress in him. Some of us forget it's been just a year since he was introduced by Koeman in the squad. I also hope no Shakira appears in his life and keep a low profile. Part of Pique's decline I attribute to Shakira, but also to his outspokenness on politics and tweets did him more harm than good.

Windhook

Who knows we could probably get VVD on 4 years lol, might want to level up.

That'd be great, but sounds too revolutionary for current Barca and VVD being at his prime, Liverpool are in no need to sell. Only if the team falls apart with the likes of Salah and Mane leaving the club.

jamrock

Anyone have a good report on this young Brazilian CB we have an option on?, Would he be worth pulling the trigger on, 30m in today's market for a potential WC CB isn't bad.

Andresito

Staff member

serghei

The more I see Modric the less he should be compared with Xavi and instead with Zidane and Iniesta. He doesn't control the game like a CM but makes elite playmaking moves in the last third.

Way more of a '10' than a '6' like Xavi.

He was a ghost vs Chelsea last night for 80 mins or so. In fact 2nd goal of Chelsea, he is to blame for losing his marker easily. He showed up at the end as Chelsea imploded and got tired.

Last edited:

Total-Football

The more I see Modric the less he should be compared with Xavi and instead with Zidane and Iniesta. He doesn't control the game like a CM but makes elite playmaking moves in the last third.

Way more of a '10' than a '6' like Xavi.

I dont think any midfielder can be compared with iniesta. Greatest midfielder ever in my opinion.

Andresito

Staff member
Schedule is incredibly tight until the end of the season, 2 games every week now.

Those who have a high amount of accumulated minutes are Alba, Busquets, Pedri and Ferran. With the return of Dest, Alba should be able to rest. Araujo too but he's suspended vs Cadiz anyway.

Don't think Xavi will want to rotate tonight, but I wouldn't mind benching Busquets out of those mentioned and start Frenkie, Gavi, Pedri if Frenkie is fit.

Temptation

https://twitter.com/Carra23/status/...^1514000972258889736|twgr^|twcon^s1_&ref_url=

Lol, they out there disrespecting the GOAT CM.

Modric is phenomenal but his level never reached Xavi's peak. Better longevity though, for sure, but that's helped in part by Xavi playing 3 grueling Euro, WC, Euro in the summer during his peak.

Xavi

Modric
Iniesta

In that order for me.

Xavi was the heartbeat of Guardiola's Barca and literally ran games.

Iniesta strikes the eye of the casual Football fan more due to certain moments but for me it's not even a debate.

Xavi ran the show.

Also despite playing deeper, Xavi had far better end product.

FinBarcelonafan

Schedule is incredibly tight until the end of the season, 2 games every week now.

Those who have a high amount of accumulated minutes are Alba, Busquets, Pedri and Ferran. With the return of Dest, Alba should be able to rest. Araujo too but he's suspended vs Cadiz anyway.

Don't think Xavi will want to rotate tonight, but I wouldn't mind benching Busquets out of those mentioned and start Frenkie, Gavi, Pedri if Frenkie is fit.

Fati should help Torres. Maybe even stunt Auba sometimes?

Home of Barca Fans