Page 909 of 918 FirstFirst ... 409809859899907908909910911 ... LastLast
Results 13,621 to 13,635 of 13768

Thread: Xavi Hernandez

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by behindbrowneyes View Post
    Given how he acted towards Ansu in the away game and his behavior overall against us I'd guess it must be Otamendi.

He is an asshole, but he did well in both games tbf.
    I wrote it in the match thread, but it's worth noting again. Benfica's back line was very good. We had countless offsides with some being on the limit. And it's not like they were sitting in their box, at times the line was pretty high and there was space to make a run in behind.

Having 3 CB's aged 31, 33, 34 equals lack of pace but a lot of experience. They made the most of that, with great effect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andresito View Post
    I wrote it in the match thread, but it's worth noting again. Benfica's back line was very good. We had countless offsides with some being on the limit. And it's not like they were sitting in their box, at times the line was pretty high and there was space to make a run in behind.

Having 3 CB's aged 31, 33, 34 equals lack of pace but a lot of experience. They made the most of that, with great effect.
    They were good vs Bayern too. Not sure about the first game, but the recent game they result could have gone their way too before letting a bunch of goals in towards the end.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do not want to hype or anything, but moves like these makes me very optimistic. Haven't seen Barca make this kind of fluid, well controlled balling for a very long time. If this keeps up and we manage to upgrade forward/defender lines, this gon get gud.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnidrologist View Post
    Do not want to hype or anything, but moves like these makes me very optimistic. Haven't seen Barca make this kind of fluid, well controlled balling for a very long time. If this keeps up and we manage to upgrade forward/defender lines, this gon get gud.
    That kind of play IS the problem. Waaay too slow. Allows opposition to regroup. We need to play more direct and stop being obsessed with hogging the ball.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    Bayern:Barca

Either 5:0 or 0:1
    Rip applied statistics
    kilometers matter ..

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcilliant View Post
    That kind of play IS the problem. Waaay too slow. Allows opposition to regroup. We need to play more direct and stop being obsessed with hogging the ball.
    Exactly. That's the thing I want to change with current Barca. Play more goal oriented, not just possession. Ajax is good example how I wish Barca would play.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FinBarcelonafan View Post
    Exactly. That's the thing I want to change with current Barca. Play more goal oriented, not just possession. Ajax is good example how I wish Barca would play.
    The team cant fucking score a goal no matter how they play. Just relax. Xavi got this.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What i liked most about our new look is that players are moving actively to support each other instead of standing around the perimeter and waiting for a pass to their legs. There were enough direct vertical passes and quick transitioning into counter in these couple of matches too. More quickness and directness could be achieved by adding actual forwards (i don't consider Derpay one).

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xavi on Villareal: "It will be a difficult match. Their pitch is smaller than average." Villareal's pitch is actually the same size as Camp Nou's pitch...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassvet View Post
    Xavi on Villareal: "It will be a difficult match. Their pitch is smaller than average." Villareal's pitch is actually the same size as Camp Nou's pitch...
    so they say, i dont believe that. That pitch looks tiny compared to camp nou.

Xavi probably feels the same. I get him. Those official numbers are skewed.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iniestaGOAT View Post
    so they say, i dont believe that. That pitch looks tiny compared to camp nou.

Xavi probably feels the same. I get him. Those official numbers are skewed.
    yeah screw the official data and trust the visual perception of someone watching on tv from different camera angles...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassvet View Post
    yeah screw the official data and trust the visual perception of someone watching on tv from different camera angles...
    or trust someone who has played there for 20 years...

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by iniestaGOAT View Post
    or trust someone who has played there for 20 years...
    good point

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my problem with Xavi. He thinks football is a game where everything should be just right for his style of game. Well, guess what life isn't like that. His mind set is typical of the club. Mentally fragile. If the pitch is shit or the opponents are fouling that's unfair and we should cry and throw our toys out of the pram. We need a change in mentality. One of the reasons we lose to opposition who are lesser skilled is the lack of fight and character.

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I do not get is he makes it sound as if we have better chance against Bayern than Villareal. lol

Anyway, I am going to be optimistic.