Xavi Hernandez

FinBarcelonafan

No.

But everything is possible.

Not quite.
For now I have a feeling that Xavi will build good midfield and possession but that his defense and attack tactics will be below average.

Not only because of bad attackers as players.

Attackers are awful but defending takes the cake. I genuinely think we are one of the worst teams defending in the top five leagues, from so called top teams. Absolutely terrible. Xavi needs to tesch them about positioning.

Messigician

Benfica roasting us

" it's really easy to play against Barcelona, we just had to sit back and get the draw or win the game from a counter, they could play for 3 hours and never score. "

" Concerned about qualifying? We just have to beat Dynamo at home, Barca have to beat Bayern away, you do the maths (laughs)

Man he's a dick but he's 100% right can't deny it

Last edited:

Barcilliant

Benfica roasting us

" it's really easy to play against Barcelona, we just had to sit back and get the draw or win the game from a counter, they could play for 3 hours are never score. "

" Concerned about qualifying? We just have to beat Dynamo at home, Barca have to beat Bayern away, you do the maths (laughs)

Man he's a sick but he's 100% right can't deny it

He's right. When you look at the ideal model of Xavi vision ie City they also have problems scoring against the better teams. That's why we need to introduce more vertical it and physicality. Football is about goals, not possession.

iniestaGOAT

He's right. When you look at the ideal model of Xavi vision ie City they also have problems scoring against the better teams. That's why we need to introduce more vertical it and physicality. Football is about goals, not possession.

Considering they almost conceded few times I would say he's full of shit

Andresito

Staff member
Xavi not really involved in these stats so far, but it clearly shows what we need to improve.

y82thel6sk181.jpg

Bobo32

Xavi not really involved in these stats so far, but it clearly shows what we need to improve.

That plot should've been absolute xG on the y axis right? Barcelona being far to the right influences their y value too, making the thing skewed and harder to read.
I also dislike these stupid explanations in comic sans-like text, as well as the colour choice on these arbitrary quadrants, lol. The creator of this graph lacks style!

Besides, I don't think it show anything very clearly. Yes to create more xG is good, and to create more goals or win more games...
To get this ratio up can be done in a million ways, but I don't think staring at this plot does anything. For example, they'd be higher up in this graph if they just played the ball for a throw in instead of getting into the final third a lot of the time when they didn't think they'd reach a shot. Or if they just started to shoot more instead of showing patience and having longer spells of possession, which in turn tires the opposition etc etc...
Barcelona being low could also be due to a poor front three, and I think they do have a poor front three after having watched the games. But the graph does little, I think. Impressive by Bayern, Liverpool and City of course...

Gari

Benfica roasting us

" it's really easy to play against Barcelona, we just had to sit back and get the draw or win the game from a counter, they could play for 3 hours and never score. "

Benfica fry itself, they put the bus against 17 year olds, and at the end their legs bent from fatigue and they shot past the empty goal. 5 chances that should have ended with a goal: Demir, De Jong, Memphis, Araujo and Pique

JamDav1982

Every club has more issue scoring v the better teams... or they wouldnt be the better teams but City have not had much issue with that in recent years in comparison to other top sides.

They have scored 6 in their last two trips to Anfield which would be their toughest domestic game.

There is only so much Xavi can do just now. He is working with hands tied behind his back but if there is any team he can replicate then none better than City.

Porque

Benfica roasting us

We scored ...

iniestaGOAT

Benfica fry itself, they put the bus against 17 year olds, and at the end their legs bent from fatigue and they shot past the empty goal. 5 chances that should have ended with a goal: Demir, De Jong, Memphis, Araujo and Pique

Benfica were literally scrambling and shook with 30 mins of dembele. This old man must be smoking some good shit if he thinks Barca woldnt score against that crap team with dembele and ansu in 3 hours.

Bruh you just got lucky koeman was there for the 3-0 game.

Andresito

Staff member
Benfica roasting us

Who is this Benfica guy?

Andresito

Staff member
Given how he acted towards Ansu in the away game and his behavior overall against us I'd guess it must be Otamendi.

He is an asshole, but he did well in both games tbf.

I wrote it in the match thread, but it's worth noting again. Benfica's back line was very good. We had countless offsides with some being on the limit. And it's not like they were sitting in their box, at times the line was pretty high and there was space to make a run in behind.

Having 3 CB's aged 31, 33, 34 equals lack of pace but a lot of experience. They made the most of that, with great effect.

iniestaGOAT

I wrote it in the match thread, but it's worth noting again. Benfica's back line was very good. We had countless offsides with some being on the limit. And it's not like they were sitting in their box, at times the line was pretty high and there was space to make a run in behind.

Having 3 CB's aged 31, 33, 34 equals lack of pace but a lot of experience. They made the most of that, with great effect.

They were good vs Bayern too. Not sure about the first game, but the recent game they result could have gone their way too before letting a bunch of goals in towards the end.

Gnidrologist

Do not want to hype or anything, but moves like these makes me very optimistic. Haven't seen Barca make this kind of fluid, well controlled balling for a very long time. If this keeps up and we manage to upgrade forward/defender lines, this gon get gud.

Home of Barca Fans