Xavi Hernández

snowy

..How would he even bench some players like Busquets and Pique if they are performing badly? These are players he was very close with and helped him win both NT and Club titles...

EZ, I'll hook him with ma bouncers :lol:

Anyways, didn't Pique volunteer to step down if asked? Besides, he's got so many ventures going on on the side

Busi seems the type to agree to some admin post. Bob might agree to a transfer, dude's got friends all over L L

Only probs I can foresee is Alpha boi but for him, Xavi wouldn't even need a bouncer hahaha

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You never know with the press these days and how well connected they are with the new board, but from what I'm reading Laporta doesn't want to hire Xavi.

So he's just here for vacations. Just like Pep every summer really.

Richard.H

EZ, I'll hook him with ma bouncers :lol:

Anyways, didn't Pique volunteer to step down if asked? Besides, he's got so many ventures going on on the side

Busi seems the type to agree to some admin post. Bob might agree to a transfer, dude's got friends all over L L

Only probs I can foresee is Alpha boi but for him, Xavi wouldn't even need a bouncer hahaha

I highly doubt Pique will step down easily, he seems like the ultimate arrogant alpha out of the bunch. Busi perhaps because I think he has a lot of respect for Xavi. Pique just seems like the class clown to me that's hard to talk to seriously unless you're Captain Puyol telling him to straighten the fuk up.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

I highly doubt Pique will step down easily, he seems like the ultimate arrogant alpha out of the bunch. Busi perhaps because I think he has a lot of respect for Xavi. Pique just seems like the class clown to me that's hard to talk to seriously unless you're Captain Puyol telling him to straighten the fuk up.

In his head he is still a kid. He wont change and thats one of the negative sides if Xavi comes now. Does he have the cojones to put pique on the bench? Maybe better if he comes in 2-3 years when the amigos arent here anymore.

Messi983

Now that you've mentioned him I've got an idea which will never realize (because Puyi has show no intention going into coaching) but could work imo.

If we'll hire Xavi as a manager I think he should consider Puyol as (one of) his assistant(s).

God knows we could use Puyol's personality and leadership in the locker room. Sure, not the same being a leader as a player or as (assistant) coach but he could keep some of his former amigos in check (as long as they're still here) and also teach upcoming youngsters a thing or two about how to give your everything on the pitch every second and how talent is not enough to succed in professional football if you don't have the right attitude and work ethic.

Birdy

Some news:

"Reshad Rahman ✆
@HagridFCB
11m
Xavi was offered to become the coach of Dortmund for next season ? offer was for 2 years + option to renew for an additional year. However, he respectfully declined. The only clubs Xavi is interested in managing are Al Sadd & Barcelona.
@fansjavimiguel
?
6m
In addition, Xavi has gathered interest from the Brazilian National Team, who wanted him to be Tite?s assistant coach until the 2022 World Cup. He?s also been proposed to be the main coach after this World Cup.
@fansjavimiguel
"

OK, if both pieces above are true (can't believe he rejected Dortmund), then it shows what's the problem with Xavi.
It's either a toxic sense of entitlement,
or a toxic self-confidence
or both

Say whatever you want, he should stay away from Barca bench for a long while,
until he realizes he needs to prove himself in Europe

KingLeo10

Scenes when Xavi comes in and becomes the chief amigo of entitlement with Messi, Pique, Busquets, and Alba his four horsemen. And Roberto the waterboy. :xavi:

Givenchy

Some news:

"Reshad Rahman ✆
@HagridFCB
11m
Xavi was offered to become the coach of Dortmund for next season ? offer was for 2 years + option to renew for an additional year. However, he respectfully declined. The only clubs Xavi is interested in managing are Al Sadd & Barcelona.
@fansjavimiguel
?
6m
In addition, Xavi has gathered interest from the Brazilian National Team, who wanted him to be Tite?s assistant coach until the 2022 World Cup. He?s also been proposed to be the main coach after this World Cup.
@fansjavimiguel
"

OK, if both pieces above are true (can't believe he rejected Dortmund), then it shows what's the problem with Xavi.
It's either a toxic sense of entitlement,
or a toxic self-confidence
or both

Say whatever you want, he should stay away from Barca bench for a long while,
until he realizes he needs to prove himself in Europe

Maybe something to do with the Qatar WC and he plans on leaving after?

but yeah, Dortmund would of been a great opportunity.. could of worked with Haaland also tipping him in our favour

fergus90

I find it quite hard to believe Dortmund would have considered Xavi at that moment in time. Marco Rose was announced pretty fast when results weren't going in Terzic favour a month after Favre was dismissed. He's going to be staying at the club as assistant to Rose I believe.

Also don't think Dortmund has ever had a Spanish coach in their history, they typically go for Germans/Austrian/Hungarian coaches with some experience working in the Bundesliga at some capacity.

serghei

Well, if Dortmund were interested in Xavi, that's kind of even better for us. They usually have an eye for quality managers.

fergus90

Well, if Dortmund were interested in Xavi, that's kind of even better for us. They usually have an eye for quality managers.

I’d be very surprised if he turned the opportunity down had it arisen. The appointed Marco Rose pretty much soon as things weren’t working with Terzic. Saying that they ended up salvaging their season by winning the DFB Pokal and are on course to finish 3rd, when only a month ago they looked destined for the Europa League.

Think Terzic is going back to role of assistant, but not 100% sure on that.

serghei

I’d be very surprised if he turned the opportunity down had it arisen. The appointed Marco Rose pretty much soon as things weren’t working with Terzic. Saying that they ended up salvaging their season by winning the DFB Pokal and are on course to finish 3rd, when only a month ago they looked destined for the Europa League.

Think Terzic is going back to role of assistant, but not 100% sure on that.

I think Barca job is better than Dortmund. I'm surprised Dortmund thought of Xavi to be fair. Not sure the rumor is true.

Birdy

It's a leaked info, so no one knows for sure if it's true.

But *IF* *IF* it is,
then it shows all the bad mentality on Xavi's part that I was afraid of

Home of Barca Fans