Xavi Hernández

Nazario1985

Do people actually think Xavi is gonna be a Guardiola 2.0?

I would love if he was but Pep is not normal. Xavi may not be the magic trick that we think he will be.

(I have not seen his teams play, but expectation have to be realistic)

He can be what he wants just anything successful.

No one is asking him to be Pep (2CL while having the best squad ever seen for years & many billions at ManC) or Zidane (3CLs) or Mourinho (2CLs with two different clubs) or Klopp (1CL) ...etc

He can just be himself and seeing from the locals in Qatar, people freaking loves how he turned their club.

Now i still think he will jump on the first plane if he is offered Team-A at FCB.

Last edited:

Alik

No one is asking him to be Pep (1CL while having the best squad ever seen for years & many billions at ManC) or Zidane (3CLs) or Mourinho (2CLs with two different clubs) or Klopp (1CL) ...etc

He can just be himself and seeing from the locals in Qatar, people freaking loves how he turned their club.

Now i still think he will jump on the first plane if he is offered Team-A at FCB.

Pep has 2 CL.

Bobo32

No one is asking him to be Pep (1CL while having the best squad ever seen for years & many billions at ManC) or Zidane (3CLs) or Mourinho (2CLs with two different clubs) or Klopp (1CL) ...etc

Do you have some link or something to that? Would be interesting to know more.
I have no insight into Asian football, league structures, clubs and so on, or what it's like to coach in Qatar.
I just saw one video analysis on Xavi's team (in which they looked good) and read some results...

Nazario1985

Do you have some link or something to that? Would be interesting to know more.
I have no insight into Asian football, league structures, clubs and so on, or what it's like to coach in Qatar.
I just saw one video analysis on Xavi's team (in which they looked good) and read some results...

Here is an interesting read : https://www.rdftactics.com/post/xavi-hernandez-al-sadd-tactical-analysis

Keep in mind they fuck themselves in the Asian CL while having the upper hand in gameplay but he is trying to give them the mentality of the knock out games.

TLDR: He is a die hard of tiki taka like Pep and will try to push it no matter what ... like pep

Rijkaard was less stubborn but they all fall under Cruyff school so ..

vegitot

Here is an interesting read : https://www.rdftactics.com/post/xavi-hernandez-al-sadd-tactical-analysis

Keep in mind they fuck themselves in the Asian CL while having the upper hand in gameplay but he is trying to give them the mentality of the knock out games.

TLDR: He is a die hard of tiki taka like Pep and will try to push it no matter what ... like pep

Rijkaard was less stubborn but they all fall under Cruyff school so ..

He fails to get past group stage this season. So no matter what his football is but can not even past group stage is terrible.

Can not compare Al Saad to Barca but he will face thousand times harder challenges in Europe, plus pressures...

xxxxxx

This will end in a disaster if we get Xavi. The pressure will be too much for him. You can't go from Al Saad to Barcelona and expect him to win us trophies. He doesn't have the team or youth Pep did when he took over. He has a declining and older Barcelona. Messi is also coming to the end of his career. Not to mention, our squad isn't good enough. He won't have any money to work with, and I doubt he can sell many players for decent money.

Xavi should wait till much later and then take the job (when our debt situation is better and when we have a team that's more competitive). I honestly don't want him to mess up his legacy here.

Gari

E1l1XPJXsAA4u_m

Xavi is in Barcelona.

Richard.H

This will end in a disaster if we get Xavi. The pressure will be too much for him. You can't go from Al Saad to Barcelona and expect him to win us trophies. He doesn't have the team or youth Pep did when he took over. He has a declining and older Barcelona. Messi is also coming to the end of his career. Not to mention, our squad isn't good enough. He won't have any money to work with, and I doubt he can sell many players for decent money.

Xavi should wait till much later and then take the job (when our debt situation is better and when we have a team that's more competitive). I honestly don't want him to mess up his legacy here.

I agree that the pressure is a bit too much. How would he even bench some players like Busquets and Pique if they are performing badly? These are players he was very close with and helped him win both NT and Club titles. How would he sit down and talk with these players and tell them, "hey lad, I think you're not performing as well as XYZ player, I decided not to start you today". I mean the previous 3 coaches were not able to do this. Only Lucho did really. How do you expect Xavi to have flexibility to do what he wants?

Home of Barca Fans