Xavi Hernández

Birdy

🚨🚨[ [MENTION=20388]luis[/MENTION]_F_Rojo🥇] | Xavi is not convinced by what he has seen from Sergi?o Dest.Koeman's bet has lost his place as the owner of the right flank. For this reason itself, Xavi signed Dani Alves as the replacement for the American.

BLOOD on Xavi's hands if he persists with this...

Dest is BY FAR our best RB!!
Or should I say our only RB??
Potential to reach Dani, as Dani himself said recently

If he doesn't succeed here eventually the blame lies with the coach who didn't believe in him

KingLeo10

BLOOD on Xavi's hands if he persists with this...

Dest is BY FAR our best RB!!
Or should I say our only RB??
Potential to reach Dani, as Dani himself said recently

If he doesn't succeed here eventually the blame lies with the coach who didn't believe in him

Alves was just exaggerating. There's no way Dest can even be half of Dani Alves.

Birdy

Alves was just exaggerating. There's no way Dest can even be half of Dani Alves.

We don't know that yet...

And since the club legend said that his successor in his position is this guy,
EVEN IF Dest does not reach his level eventually, Dani's statement attests to the potential he sees in him

and trust me Dani knows much more about football, and his position specifically, than all simple-minded BF usual suspects

Barcilliant

Thomas Muller: "What happened at the Ballon d'Or is unfortunate, similar to what happened with Rib?ry in 2013. For me, this motivated me to do everything to bring the Champions League back to Munich and show the world what German football can offer. And the next opportunity to prove it is the Bar?a match next Wednesday"

90% sure we are doomed unless Xavi has a master plan

Xavis master plan - keep 80% possession and concede six goals. Bayern will tear us apart.

Birdy

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Times
?
7h
@bonagerman
Sergio Busquets, Gerrard Pique and Jordi Alba, three of the four captains barring injured Sergi Roberto has started every single game under Xavi Hernandez, and the 'sacred cows' have strengthened their position in the squad.

Something that was noted by a few of us here already.

And, if, in the case of Busi and Alba, this can be understood given the lack of alternatives,
in the case of Pique it's completely unjustified, and gives us already the clue that Xavi will protect the Amigos

serghei

[MENTION=21238]barca[/MENTION]Times
?
7h
@bonagerman
Sergio Busquets, Gerrard Pique and Jordi Alba, three of the four captains barring injured Sergi Roberto has started every single game under Xavi Hernandez, and the 'sacred cows' have strengthened their position in the squad.

Something that was noted by a few of us here already.

And, if, in the case of Busi and Alba, this can be understood given the lack of alternatives,
in the case of Pique it's completely unjustified, and gives us already the clue that Xavi will protect the Amigos

It's semi-justified even with Pique. The only way you could bench Pique is with 2 at the back and Araujo fit. Play Araujo - Garcia.

Mingueza is having a horror season so far, Umtiti is done, and Lenglet is a terrible player as well. And Araujo is injury prone and is yet to have a very consistent run in terms of games played without any injury.

We badly need to ship out players like Lenglet and Umtiti and bring in a top CB. Pique will not get benched by likes of Lenglet, Umtiti, and sadly Mingueza (had hopes in him but he has to get better fast or he'll go).

Since Xavi came, the veterans have been better, probably out of some form of respect. But they will not be able to cope with the rhythm, already showed that when they played 3 games in 7 days. And then we'll see what Xavi will do in that situation.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
jota jordi on el chiringuito is a moron. last time he mocked and goaded Bayern they beat us 8-2. now he is inciting Muller (whom i hate, along with the rest of bayern)

but the reality is that bayern are a superior side today and if we are not careful we could really be embarrassed when we play them.

lewa and muller have extra reason now to make us suffer ):

iniestaGOAT

jota jordi on el chiringuito is a moron. last time he mocked and goaded Bayern they beat us 8-2. now he is inciting Muller (whom i hate, along with the rest of bayern)

but the reality is that bayern are a superior side today and if we are not careful we could really be embarrassed when we play them.

lewa and muller have extra reason now to make us suffer ):

Lmao what did he say this time?

delancey

One major benefit of having Xavi here, amongst many, is that we are finally being linked with quality players who could have an enormous impact for many years to come. Over the last few seasons, the club hierarchy made many dumb signings, splashing the cash as if tomorrow wouldn?t exist. Cringe! Let?s hope that Adeyemi (summer signing) and Torres (winter signing) pan out. Cavani on loan until the summer of 2022. We need firepower. That much is clear.

serghei

Cavani would be an excellent signing on a free. It's crazy how good he still is compared with someone like Luuk De Jong.

Lose Dembele and Luuk, and with Ansu Fati, Adeyemi, Ferran Torres, Depay, and Cavani we can roll. Can even sell Depay too if possible.

Last edited:

Windhook

Cavani is someone I wanted to see playing for Barca, that was around 2012-2013. I still think he could be good for us in the short term.

Home of Barca Fans