Xavi Hernández

Temptation

Xavi on Lewandowski signing:

When it comes to signing players, age doesn't concern me...we signed Dani Alves when he was 38.
Players take care of themselves and more professional.

Yup, he's pushing for the RL9 signing. :lol:

Temptation

Xavi on Lewandowski signing:

When it comes to signing players, age doesn't concern me...we signed Dani Alves when he was 38.
Players take care of themselves and more professional.

Yup, he's pushing for the RL9 signing. :lol:

Folks, this quote is real. Romano tweeted it.

khaled_a_d

Xavi: "I'm always optimistic. Next year we have to compete again, as it seemed we could do this year, although it hasn't happened and we must be self-critical. Next year we have to fight again for the titles. We are going to demand much more."

Xavi: "The club know my stance on what I think is needed to improve next season. The fans are going to demand titles from us and it's clear that we have to improve the squad for that."

That is another part of the interview
As I said in Lewandowski thread, the club aren't seeking rebuild for next season, but Liga title asap.

serghei

That is another part of the interview
As I said in Lewandowski thread, the club aren't seeking rebuild for next season, but Liga title asap.

It's more or less in line with what you said a while back that the club can not afford to basically rebuild like Arsenal, not winning anything important for many years.

Since we can't sign world-class players in their prime... Lewandowski for a few years is a good option for trying to win La Liga next season or the one after that.

khaled_a_d

It's more or less in line with what you said a while back that the club can not afford to basically rebuild like Arsenal, not winning anything important for many years.

Since we can't sign world-class players in their prime... Lewandowski for a few years is a good option for trying to win La Liga next season or the one after that.

Arsenal rebuilt for 15 years, obviously no one wants that.
Barca is different tbf, and I can understand where is the board and Xavi coming from.
3 years with only 1 CDR to show for, Madrid clubs winning 3 liga titles during such time. Yeah the pressure is on.
That said, we need a full rebuild actually, no more Pique, Busquets, Stegen, Roberto carrying the workload.
Ideal situation will be getting a Liga title next year, and start full rebuild in 2023.
If RM gets Mbappe, Tchoumeni in addition to Rudiger, it might be wise to give up and start rebuild, because there is no Liga for us next year

serghei

Arsenal rebuilt for 15 years, obviously no one wants that.
Barca is different tbf, and I can understand where is the board and Xavi coming from.
3 years with only 1 CDR to show for, Madrid clubs winning 3 liga titles during such time. Yeah the pressure is on.
That said, we need a full rebuild actually, no more Pique, Busquets, Stegen, Roberto carrying the workload.
Ideal situation will be getting a Liga title next year, and start full rebuild in 2023.
If RM gets Mbappe, Tchoumeni in addition to Rudiger, it might be wise to give up and start rebuild, because there is no Liga for us next year

Sure, but young-ish top players are the most expensive if you go after top rated and very popular ones. And those are usually the ones who get to pick where to play.

We need our staff to find players who are flying a bit bellow the radar and are still of world-class potential. Very very tough task.

So far, we kind of signed the opposite. A top-rated player that is playing under the expected level in Ferran Torres. On top of the fact we don't have money, the ones we managed to get were spent on Torres who is not what we need so far.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans