Page 749 of 754 FirstFirst ... 249649699739747748749750751 ... LastLast
Results 11,221 to 11,235 of 11310

Thread: Xavi Hernandez

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raketa10 View Post
    It strikes me that some people are satisfied with Komean who lost every single game against stronger opponents. Barca under him lost 1-4 against PSG and 0-3 against that horrible Juve. We also failed to win against top 4 teams in Spain and we lost Supercopa to Bilbao. Furthermore we will probably be eliminated from Copa next week. What's even worse, he failed every time he needed to change the course of the game. Valverde would have got slaughtered for that. These are strange times indeed.
    I really don't care about the results with Koeman.
    He is doing decent job with the youngsters, and giving them more playing time and better development.
    He is also trying to give us more direction.

We are in rebuilding phase, and while we will try to be competitive and competent in competitions, it is also important to be realistic about it.
    For me, I don't think there anything we can do that will make us win Liga or even reach CL SF next year.
    So why shy should I care about extra few points, moral wins over the development of our own players?
    Let Koemann complete this part of the rebuild, take that pressure from next coach, until we have a better squad to give to a more competent job.
    But asking Xavi to clean the house midway through the rebuild, take the heat for the results next season? Is that a real solution?
    I mean, are we sitting Xavi for success or failures if we hired him next season?

Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fergus90 View Post
    It depends if the board allows him the transfers needed to implement his methods and style of play.

Rijkaard got Rotterdam relegated before joining here, Klopp relegated Mainz then couldn't get them promoted, did any of that shape their successes with better players and bigger clubs? Maybe. But it certainly wouldn't convince fans in 2021 that they were right. Imagine if Barca tried signing Rijkaard now after that relegation season, the fanbase would go into meltdown. I will openly admit I didn't want Pep in 2008 and actually wanted Hiddink(lol) because I thought he wasn't ready yet, I admittedly was very wrong.

Sometimes it's not about the experience, it's about the potential capabilities of that manager.
    Timing is important. I am not against Xavi in general, I am against the timing for it.
    The club was on a way better state in 2008 than it is in 2021 when Pep came in for example. In 2003 fans hated Rijkaard signing because 2 other coaches turned us down, ironically they were both Koemann and Hiddink
    Xavi is a very idealistic coach, and I think there is a need for him to be in the right situation to succeed. I don't think the same can be said on any other coach mentioned tbh

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on the results part and "cleaning the house" part but a proper manager is needed to develop young players. I don't see Koeman as a manager who is capable of doing that. Yes, he will give them playing time but they also need to learn more about tactics, positioning, movement etc. IMHO Xavi could be more suitable for developing youngsters than Koeman.
    Last edited by Raketa10; 25th February 2021 at 02:53 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no matter who is in charge next season things wont change until we get rid of

pique alba busi lenglet braitwaith and probably messi as well
    peptastic || Anti-EV League || Higher Standards for our Club Association || nEVer Again || EVil is History, Rejoice || Inaugural President of the Canadians Against Valverde Association || Anti-Forum de Amigos League|| EXPECT better from your TOP players || xG doesn't win matches or titles (@Wolfe) || Fati d'Or || RIP Claude, a true football fan || Fire, violence, treason and PERFIDY! Wolfe betrays and ABANDONS his own! Fraud, insecurity, anarchy! Every man for himself! ||

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fergus90 View Post
    Who would your choice be? I'm not against Koeman for another year to be honest either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raketa10 View Post
    Why? I honestly don't see a better candidate right now. We are broke and have a horribly balanced team so Xavi might be our only solution. In addition to that, I can't see a top manager who is available and would be a perfect fit right now.

Koeman is clearly a very limited manager, he has no game plan at all. He literally lost every single game this season when tactics really mattered. IMHO Xavi would be an upgrade over him.

I am honestly curious who would be your top (realistic) pics for our next coach?
    Regarding Koeman, few weeks ago I'd be telling the same, to give him another season. Bit flickery, yes, but right now, I don't see a direction with him. I thought he had one and was slowly turning things around. And it's not the results that worry me, as I don't have expectations in that regard. Winning the cup would be neat, but one shouldn't fire coaches for failing at it. I'm worried we're going back to the old slow type of ineffective football veterans are used to. I like that he's giving kids chances, it's very important in these troubled times. He'll get at least the rest of the season with minimum expectations - top four. We'll be smarter in the summer.

My top picks... it's hard. I don't think there are that many realistic options that would take us places. But I wouldn't want a free-falling Barca full of veterans he used to play with to be Xavi's first real coaching job, all due respect to Qataris. I do think some experience is important. European football experience, work with real talent, to begin with. I'd be willing to see us take a different approach. I personally like Nagelsmann, think he's a sound coach, proven in two clubs, ready to move onto the bigger scene, and that he can work with youngsters. Has some good ideas, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vegitot View Post
    According to SER, he is ready to become Barca coach regardless of who will be become Barca president.
    Decade of dominance incoming.
    Lmao Font in shambles

Did anyone seriously think that Xavi would refuse the job if it was offered by anyone other than Font?
    Zehahahahahahahaha

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    I really don't care about the results with Koeman.
    He is doing decent job with the youngsters, and giving them more playing time and better development.
    He is also trying to give us more direction.
    Puig? Yeah, no.

Also please explain what this new 'direction' means. If it involves losing every important game against every decent side, well, that's the wrong direction.
    peptastic || Anti-EV League || Higher Standards for our Club Association || nEVer Again || EVil is History, Rejoice || Inaugural President of the Canadians Against Valverde Association || Anti-Forum de Amigos League|| EXPECT better from your TOP players || xG doesn't win matches or titles (@Wolfe) || Fati d'Or || RIP Claude, a true football fan || Fire, violence, treason and PERFIDY! Wolfe betrays and ABANDONS his own! Fraud, insecurity, anarchy! Every man for himself! ||

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    Puig? Yeah, no.

Also please explain what this new 'direction' means. If it involves losing every important game against every decent side, well, that's the wrong direction.
    Who cares about Puig. There are other youngster besides him, who are more important for the clubs future.

Its like Puig is the biggest talent in history, and there is some kind of agenda against him. If he was even half as talented as portrayed on this forum, he would have become a first team player 3 seasons ago. Clubs would offer 50 mil bids, at least for him, if he was so good.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, Puig aside (whatever, not that important to me), explain to me how Koemann's direction is justified after losing every single important game against every single big team with the exception of Juventus away.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Puig may have been overrated by some, but the general discontent here is that our latest few managers have discarded using likes of him in favor of "reliable veterans" and embarrassing themselves every. single. time. You do know what definition of insanity is, do you?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnidrologist View Post
    Puig may have been overrated by some, but the general discontent here is that our latest few managers have discarded using likes of him in favor of "reliable veterans" and embarrassing themselves every. single. time. You do know what definition of insanity is, do you?
    precisely

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just won Qatar cup. Probably will win Qatarr league soon.
    Still it is hard to take Qatar club level seriously.

Valverde Cultist
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best manager in the world

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnidrologist View Post
    Fuk me
    Se Queda

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messigician View Post
    Best manager in the world
    Top 3 coach in the world.