Xavi Hernández

Barcilliant

Sergio Busquets: "People want me to do 'highlights' and a show. My position is complicated, dirty work, but very important. The fans don't value movements without the ball, but the coaches and teammates do. I like to go unnoticed."

Xavi: "Busquets' balance and winning character is special. He is the perfect player to be a pivot. He dominates all aspects of his position."

Xavi: "Busquets is the best pivot of the last 20 years and will be the best in history."

Xavi: "Busquets is special. He is a close friend and an extraordinary captain. It's wonderful to have in the squad a superlative player who understands the game very well, who is always well positioned defensively and who has the Bar?a DNA".

Xavi: "Everyone said it would be difficult for me to coach former teammates and friends at Bar?a, but Sergio Busquets is making things very easy for me. He always supports the coach"

If this is true God help us.

Barcilliant

He should be given a full next season regardless of what happens. No point sacking him midseason even if we start badly again when you don't have anyone to replace him. Remember Laporta also didn't sack Rijkaard when we were like 12th in January in his first season (he had Johan in his ears back then though, now he only has his son).

Like it or not, there are just no good alternatives to Xavi out there. It was evident he wasn't Laporta's primary target (or he would hire him in summer) but now that he's here I think Laporta will give him full confidence because no top coach that rates himself will touch us in current situation. So we either stick with Xavi for forseeable future, take a gamble with another average coach like Setien (what could go wrong, lol?) or give a chance to another club legend. Maybe someone like Masche can become a good coach but he'll get his chance eventually if that happens. As of now he has even less coaching experience than Xavi so there is no way to know if he would be an actual improvement over him.

I'm willing to bet Masche will be better coach. One more season with Xavi is another year gone. We've been doing this since Shitverde came in.

malvolio

I'm willing to bet Masche will be better coach. One more season with Xavi is another year gone. We've been doing this since Shitverde came in.

We've been doing that since forever. We just got lucky with Pep and Lucho, even though I don't think Lucho is a top coach.

And those two above + bums in between and after them got lucky to have Messi.

delancey

Look at the ages of the players we are being linked with! Jeez!

Alves, 39
Pique, 35
Alba, 33
Busquets, 33 (34 in July)
Roberto, 30
Aubameyang, 32 (33 in June)

Rumored transfers:
Lewandowski, 33 (34 in August)
Koulibaly, 30 (31 in June)
Azpilicueta, 32 (33 in August)
Alonso, 31 (32 in December)

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Look at the ages of the players we are being linked with! Jeez!

Alves, 39
Pique, 35
Alba, 33
Busquets, 33 (34 in July)
Roberto, 30
Aubameyang, 32 (33 in June)

Rumored transfers:
Lewandowski, 33 (34 in August)
Koulibaly, 30 (31 in June)
Azpilicueta, 32 (33 in August)
Alonso, 31 (32 in December)

that's why Puig needs to stay to decrease the average age of the team :pique: