Xavi Hernández

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Azpi is a leader on & off the pitch and absolutely indispensable as a starter - Xavi knows this and currently, he does not have a legitimate RB he can trust. Araujo & perhaps Kounde can provide relief but this is not their ideal position. Dest, must be sold

malvolio

At this point this is another stop-gap option. Didn't fancy him so late, but better than those two bums in Dest and Roberto. Next season we hopefully work on Busquets replacement and fullbacks.

I already feel a bit disappointed that we didn't spot Julian Alvarez as he would have been great for us on the left. Maybe some other wonderkid will emerge.

BusiTheKing

we don't really exploit spaces and we don't have much sophistication in the attacks. overall our game seems pretty random and pretty ordinary.

yeah we'll probably be better than last year but that's not much. with this squad we should be challenging for CL and I honestly don't see it.

might have to pin our hopes on our defense being the main improvement but we still seem pretty disorganized between the chains there.

MTL_Barca

Added a lot of new players already and are still looking to get more, naturally it will take it's time for it to click.

We'll see in a few months if the team can challenge for titles, considering how much we spent Xavi better should be able to compete with his new squad.

Bobo32

The club has everything to thank for to Johan Cruyff. I don't see much of Cruyff in Laportas and Xavis run so far, unfortunately. I'll give them to the WC to see if things shape up. They should really satisfy the Bartomeu and Rosell supporters so far though, Laporta brings all the hyped up names.

As for the lineup - yes the RB is a big problem. If Araujo is to play there, then opponents should really focus their pressing there. Cruyff used to say something like "you should let the opponents worst player play badly", to strike where the opponent is weak as Sun Tzu would say, and if Barcelona are to build up from the back, and they have very good ball playing central defenders, then it is all to nothing if the opponent can force the ball out to Araujo on the right and put pressure on him. I don't think it will work out very well for Barcelona with this defence, even though Araujo has so far mostly solved the situations by playing very simply, knowing his limitations.

Barcilliant

Stop moaning so much guys. We barely played a full game and we bossed every opponent so far in preseason. We are creating chances for fun. On one side you say we need to adapt and move on from the possession-based slower build-up, on the other side why don't we play more tiki taka. Make up your mind because it sounds as if you are trying to be contrarian for the sake of it.

You wanted a faster team, more direct. That is what you are seeing. I should be more mad about the fact that Xavi is more like Lucho than Pep, not you guys. This is basically what you asked, minus Busi still playing a lot.

Xavi is very similar to Tuchel-ball btw...

Yes, we want a faster, more direct team but that immediately goes to shit when you put that turtle Biscuits in the midfield. He slows the game down in attack and leaves holes when defending. Wake up Xavi, Biscuits is finished.

iniestaGOAT

Added a lot of new players already and are still looking to get more, naturally it will take it's time for it to click.

We'll see in a few months if the team can challenge for titles, considering how much we spent Xavi better should be able to compete with his new squad.

We probably won't need to do anything this season. Real Madrid is going to implode. Old players, wack 100m French midfield singings. Wtf is perez smoking?

Gari

Laporta: “Bernardo? We register our players on August 3 and then we will try to . Then we'll see what we can do." They are waiting for De Jong to leave.

Porque

The problem with Frenkie seems that it is more about the club not wanting to pay his deferred wages with a transfer, rather than Frenkie not wanting to reduce his contract.

I'd say thats on the club, not Frenkie.

iniestaGOAT

The problem with Frenkie seems that it is more about the club not wanting to pay his deferred wages with a transfer, rather than Frenkie not wanting to reduce his contract.

I'd say thats on the club, not Frenkie.

Nah that makes no sense. Why would be risk losing out on 50+ millions just cause we don't want to pay this fool

Porque

Nah that makes no sense. Why would be risk losing out on 50+ millions just cause we don't want to pay this fool

Sport reported this yesterday.

Perhaps the deferred wages are to be paid at the end of the contract? So a transfer before this date means they don't need to pay out as the contract wasn't fulfilled.

But yeah, I don't see why we wouldnt take the 80m and pay Frenkie the reported 17m owed. Or would this cause an issue with what Busquets, Pique, Alba, Roberto deferred and them wanting payouts too?

Which would be the bigger picture.

Home of Barca Fans