Xavi Hernández

Barcilliant

Do not want to hype or anything, but moves like these makes me very optimistic. Haven't seen Barca make this kind of fluid, well controlled balling for a very long time. If this keeps up and we manage to upgrade forward/defender lines, this gon get gud.

That kind of play IS the problem. Waaay too slow. Allows opposition to regroup. We need to play more direct and stop being obsessed with hogging the ball.

FinBarcelonafan

That kind of play IS the problem. Waaay too slow. Allows opposition to regroup. We need to play more direct and stop being obsessed with hogging the ball.

Exactly. That's the thing I want to change with current Barca. Play more goal oriented, not just possession. Ajax is good example how I wish Barca would play.

Gnidrologist

What i liked most about our new look is that players are moving actively to support each other instead of standing around the perimeter and waiting for a pass to their legs. There were enough direct vertical passes and quick transitioning into counter in these couple of matches too. More quickness and directness could be achieved by adding actual forwards (i don't consider Derpay one).

Rassvet

Xavi on Villareal: "It will be a difficult match. Their pitch is smaller than average." Villareal's pitch is actually the same size as Camp Nou's pitch...

iniestaGOAT

Xavi on Villareal: "It will be a difficult match. Their pitch is smaller than average." Villareal's pitch is actually the same size as Camp Nou's pitch...

so they say, i dont believe that. That pitch looks tiny compared to camp nou.

Xavi probably feels the same. I get him. Those official numbers are skewed.

Rassvet

so they say, i dont believe that. That pitch looks tiny compared to camp nou.

Xavi probably feels the same. I get him. Those official numbers are skewed.

yeah screw the official data and trust the visual perception of someone watching on tv from different camera angles...

Barcilliant

This is my problem with Xavi. He thinks football is a game where everything should be just right for his style of game. Well, guess what life isn't like that. His mind set is typical of the club. Mentally fragile. If the pitch is shit or the opponents are fouling that's unfair and we should cry and throw our toys out of the pram. We need a change in mentality. One of the reasons we lose to opposition who are lesser skilled is the lack of fight and character.

Horatio

You're welcome
What I do not get is he makes it sound as if we have better chance against Bayern than Villareal. lol

Anyway, I am going to be optimistic.

iniestaGOAT

This is my problem with Xavi. He thinks football is a game where everything should be just right for his style of game. Well, guess what life isn't like that. His mind set is typical of the club. Mentally fragile. If the pitch is shit or the opponents are fouling that's unfair and we should cry and throw our toys out of the pram. We need a change in mentality. One of the reasons we lose to opposition who are lesser skilled is the lack of fight and character.

Xavi is not mentally fragile bro you have been whining the longest for no apparent reason. Go outside and get some fresh air.

SmilerBam

Hmm ok random guy from the internet, you clearly know better than Xavi, one of the biggest midfielders of all time. I don't know why Barca didn't appoint you as a manager in the first place. Oh btw, bigger coaches than Xavi complain too.Klopp complains, Guardiola does it, let's not start on Mourinho. You know why? Just plain old human nature.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans