Xavi Hernandez

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There are no guarantees on trophies much less topping RM by throwing money at a problem. Fans want to be entertained at the very least and no one can be entertained by pragmatic football

Mortgaging your future because Tebas et al attempted to extort Barca into a deal that impacts the longterm of the club is simply big picture thinking. Bartomeu's myopia is the main reason why we're in the mess we are in - doing everything on credit for the now left the club in dire straits financially and sporting wise

Big picture, always - and for that Laporta will do what is best for the club. And no, it will not take 50 yrs to course correct sporting wise - major over simplification

Return to fundamentals in a restart and then add the big key flair pieces and you do that by going with the best positioned to do so - Xavi

serghei

I don't disagree with any of this tbh, I just disagree that the fans will see it this way.
There will be sooner or later talks about why we turned down CVC, why we don't sell assets etc in order to fund transfers.
One thing Messigian once said about that deal that caught my eyes (during his rant after Messi departure) : why should I care about 50 years deal, I want to see the team wins and I want it now.
This is one thing I think many football fans agree with even if they don't say out loud, football is entertainment and clubs aren't some sort of a nation where fans will accept making sacrifices for sake of future generation.
Laporta, for all his shortcomings, aren't like that; he is the one who made presidents only able to have 2 terms iirc, and now he is going to make a vote to decrease term to 5 years, which in both cases was against his own interest. Same with rejecting CVC deal.
But at the end, he needs stability in order to fix things, because right now he is in the same situation as of Koeman, and will have to bring at least a Liga title in order to stabilize things for the board and the club.
If he brings Xavi in and he doesn't deliver in his 2nd year, Laporta himself might not survive which will do the same for Xavi.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/eduard-romeu-socio-le-pedimos-12101600

From Eduard Romeu in Sport exactly on this issue.

You have to have two years of patience. That is what I ask of the people. Peace of mind, although I know that it is not easy after having won so much. We will work so that the technicians can have the players they want as soon as possible. And you have to wait for the ball to enter, because the results give peace of mind. You have to build a team, with young people and grow with the passage of the games. But you have to meet some minimums. Because sporting and economic results are linked.

If fans can't accept this simple reality they are idiots. That's exactly how the next two years will look. Trying to secure top 4 and building a new team within the current limited economical capabilities of the club. I don't think socios are as dumb as you guys believe. It's not like we have money stashed somewhere and we're refusing to spend them.

You can't expect titles and a progression arch without adding quality players, regardless of who that manager might be. It's unrealistic. Especially if the best attackers are injured. If Xavi is going to work, you need to at least give the guy something to work with and also set realistic targets, based on the quality of the squad and the availability of players.

It's simple, man. A better manager gets more out of the same squad compared with an average manager. Whether that will be enough to win titles, especially looking at the team Madrid will be building (already started to), probably not without some solid investments in some key positions.

The team needs a top class 9, and a top class CB, plus a top class keeper. 3 starters and we can talk. But we should expect to play good football against inferior sides to us, playing dross stuff vs likes of Getafe and Granada is a no-go. Can't hide behind the squad in these situations.

Last edited:

Raketa10

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/eduard-romeu-socio-le-pedimos-12101600

From Eduard Romeu in Sport exactly on this issue.

You have to have two years of patience. That is what I ask of the people. Peace of mind, although I know that it is not easy after having won so much. We will work so that the technicians can have the players they want as soon as possible. And you have to wait for the ball to enter, because the results give peace of mind. You have to build a team, with young people and grow with the passage of the games. But you have to meet some minimums. Because sporting and economic results are linked.

If fans can't accept this simple reality they are idiots. That's exactly how the next two years will look. Trying to secure top 4 and building a new team within the current limited economical capabilities of the club. I don't think socios are as dumb as you guys believe. It's not like we have money stashed somewhere and we're refusing to spend them.

It's simple, man. A better manager gets more out of the same squad compared with an average manager. Whether that will be enough to win titles, especially looking at the team Madrid will be building (already started to), probably not without some solid investments in some key positions.

The team needs a top class 9, and a top class CB, plus a top class keeper. 3 starters and we can talk. But we should expect to play good football against inferior sides to us, playing dross stuff vs likes of Getafe and Granada is a no-go. Can't hide behind the squad in these situations.

Patience is not something Barca fans are famous for. I am sure they can all accept one season of under performing but no way in hell the'll get 2 years of patience. If horrible performances continue during the 2022/23 season Laporta will be under fire. TThey have to seriously strengthen the team next summer as this just isn't good enough.

Last edited:

serghei

Patience is not something Barca fans are famous for. I am sure they can all accept one season of under performing but no way in hell the'll get 2 years of patience. If horrible performances continue during the 2022/23 season Laporta will be under fire. They have to seriously strengthen the team next summer.

They will have to learn to be patient and realistic. 2 years would be nothing, that's me being optimistic. We're back to competing hard in 2 years if we get everything right from now on, manager, players, fans back, revenue back up. A lot of things have to slide into place to form the foundation of a new team that quickly.

Last edited:

Raketa10

They will have to learn to be patient and realistic. 2 years would be nothing, that's me being optimistic.

I completely agree with you but the problem is that we were already under performing during the last 2 seasons. That would actually mean 4 years of patience and that's just not going to happen in Barcelona.

Last edited:

serghei

Problem is that we were already under performing during the last 2 seasons so that would actually mean 4 years of patience and that's just not going to happen in Barcelona.

Nah, Bartomeu's era can't ever be considered rebuilding. Not rebuilding when we had to is what got us here. Imo, this is the first real season where you have cut ties more or less with the last era, especially with Messi going to PSG.

We need to sign top players on the weak positions in the team. You can promote players on some positions and do well, but not all.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Another problem is that Real will be winning and competing during that time and it will be seriously hard for Laporta to explain that to socios. That's one of the reasons I think Xavi would be a perfect solution. If we get Xavi, people would probably understand that we are trying to build something on a long term basis. If we get Conte or someone like that people will demand results immediately and that's just not going to happen. To be clear we need to be in top 4 regardless of the situation, as missing out the next year's CL is something this club can't afford.

Last edited:

serghei

Another problem is that Real will be winning and competing during that time and it will be seriously hard for Laporta to explain that to socios. That's one of the reasons I think Xavi would be a perfect solution. If we get Xavi, people would probably understand that we are trying to build something on a long term basis. If we get Conte or someone like that people will demand results immediately and that's just not going to happen. To be clear we need to be in top 4 regardless of the situation, as missing out the next year's CL is something this club can't afford.

Yea, it will be a humbling experience, but that's what you get for electing clowns that drive a club into chaos. There's no magic wand that undoes the damage.

Bartomeu is football version of Anatoly Dyatlov.

FinBarcelonafan

Great point and agree 100%. That's why we need to sign Xavi or some other proper project manager. None of these Conte types.

vegitot

People already hype Xavi as next Pep so to think he will win nothing in next 2-3 seasons and everyone will happily accept it??? No way.

Pep already said there is no such thing called transistion. Either you win or lose.

If Xavi coaches Barca, he will deal with it.

Messigician

(🌕) Majority of the members in the board are in favor of Xavi?s arrival, but Joan Laporta prefers Roberto Martinez. These 2 names are the ones that are currently standing out the most, among many others on the list. @tjuanmarti #FCB 👥

behindbrowneyes

Mean his job at Barca is already secured so there is no need to test/train himself elsewhere. Even rejected Barca B.

Laporta disagrees. He thinks he should coach Barca B first, that's why he'll never become the coach of Barca under Laporta. Only thing that could change that is that Xavi coaches another European team first.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Laporta disagrees. He thinks he should coach Barca B first, that's why he'll never become the coach of Barca under Laporta. Only thing that could change that is that Xavi coaches another European team first.

These are the rumours, nothing substantiated

Only hurdles to Xavi taking over are either issues Laporta had with his link to Font or simply trying to find a more 'sure thing' to restart. I think the latter speaks more to what others have commented on that not having Johan's sporting expertise leaves Joan lacking in assessment. Surely he believes in Xavi since Pep took over in 2008 with even less coaching experience than Xavi has currently

You want to truly restart and adhere to the foundations of the club, there is no one better positioned for this than Xavi

Home of Barca Fans