Xavi Hernández

jamrock

I need him to take a year or 2 away from football, chill kick his feet up, read some books, develop in his mind how he wants to play the game, speak to a few football minds (pep), then he comes in at the b team for a season to implement his philosophy before moving up.

xxxxxx

Laporta returning to the club based on merit, with not a lot to show for.
Xavi returning to the club based on what he achieved as a player, with not a lot to show for after his retirement.

Not saying Laporta and Xavi will be automatic failures. But I really hope they have other ideas other than "we're going back to the style that used to work".

On paper we're putting all eggs into the 'back to 2008'-basket.

Not to mention, you need talented players to play that kind of style. He had great passes like Iniesta, Xavi and Messi to build off. He also had players like Henry and Ronaldinho who could play that way.

In our squad, who can realistically play that type of football he's talking about? There aren't many players. Basically, he needs to completely overhaul the whole squad.... which is going to take a lot of money. He can't rely on getting lucky with the youth system again. Not to mention, Koeman isn't that type of manager. He's a decent manager, but he's never going to take you to the next level. So, he's also looking to find a quality manager like Pep again, which is very rare.

I just don't think it's realistic, especially when we have a shit load of debt.

serghei

I think people will be surprised to find out Xavi is not exactly a cheaper Pep copy. Seen quite a lot of great managers in his time, all with some big differences to Guardiola.

Messigician

Said it before and I'll say it again, been spending far too much time in Qatar.

Xavi, on whether Messi will continue: ?Hopefully, inshallah. I think Barcelona needs Messi and Messi needs Barcelona. So it?s a matter of time, let?s see but hopefully he continues with Barcelona?

fergus90

Said it before and I'll say it again, been spending far too much time in Qatar.

Xavi, on whether Messi will continue: ?Hopefully, inshallah. I think Barcelona needs Messi and Messi needs Barcelona. So it?s a matter of time, let?s see but hopefully he continues with Barcelona?

:lol: :lol:

Vilarrubi

GOAT.

EwiSNfAXMAYJ9Kw

Home of Barca Fans