Xavi Hernández

serghei

Delusion running riot in here from Xavi fanboys

Some facts:
1) There is 0% chance Nasser will make an offer to Xavi for the PSG job. LOL :lol:
One must be out of touch with reality to think that

2) Poch is RIGHT NOW in a different coaching stratosphere compared to Xavi.
Xavi is currently a coaching toddler and Poch is a coaching giant.
It's such a disrespect twds Poch (and less an admiration of Xavi) to make the comparison

3) Not only mid-table European teams are good fit for Xavi's coaching path, but they are the ONLY avenue that will NOT burn his card.
Clubs like Villareal, Sociedad, Valencia, Sevilla in Spain are the clubs that can show if Xavi is to be given a chance in a top top team like Barca
In those clubs, you don't judge by titles, no one does
You judge by football played and if the team given their personnel and budget limitations achieved well or over-achieved.

You are the one who don't understand that different managers can have different career paths. Zidane and Pep had Barca and Madrid as their first job as main manager. Not all managers have to go and prove themselves at some Villareal team first, and it's a fact. Wether Xavi is good enough to follow on their steps or not is to be decided.

Birdy

You are the one who don't understand that different managers can have different career paths. Zidane and Pep had Barca and Madrid as their first job as main manager. Not all managers have to go and prove themselves at some Villareal team first, and it's a fact. Wether Xavi is good enough to follow on their steps or not is to be decided.

Oh, yes, of course
Zidane and Pep, or actually Pep first and Zidane then
created that distorted idea that there can be such a path....
Which is so distorted that you have people in 2021 claiming Xavi to be better than Poch

It happened with 2 people, one of them happened to be a coaching genius that defined football.
It didn't happened with tons others that thought they could do it.
Every rule has its exceptions.

khaled_a_d

It didn't happen with Zidane though, he was assistant coach for 2 years and then B team coach. He is more like Flick/Ten Haag than Xavi. Only resemblance is being a football legend, and even then Zidane is actually on another level of legacy than the culer (regardless of our opinion on their game)

serghei

It didn't happen with Zidane though, he was assistant coach for 2 years and then B team coach. He is more like Flick/Ten Haag than Xavi. Only resemblance is being a football legend, and even then Zidane is actually on another level of legacy than the culer (regardless of our opinion on their game)

The assistant coach is not like the main coach, for once nobody blames assistant managers in case of bad results, so the pressure you are under cannot be further apart. As far as the main manager is concerned he was a rookie with no experience in a similar position. He was the main manager in, what, the 3rd Spanish league? That's probably a lower level than Qatar's 1st league.

Oh, and Zidane is not another level over Xavi legacy-wise. Except if you're talking about marketing. I'd reckon Xavi's influence over his team was greater than Zidane's.

Oh, yes, of course
Zidane and Pep, or actually Pep first and Zidane then
created that distorted idea that there can be such a path....
Which is so distorted that you have people in 2021 claiming Xavi to be better than Poch

It happened with 2 people, one of them happened to be a coaching genius that defined football.
It didn't happened with tons others that thought they could do it.
Every rule has its exceptions.

Of course it can be. We've seen it. It's rare, but possible.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

The assistant coach is not like the main coach, for once nobody blames assistant managers in case of bad results, so the pressure you are under cannot be further apart. As far as the main manager is concerned he was a rookie with no experience in a similar position. He was the main manager in, what, the 3rd Spanish league? That's probably a lower level than Qatar's 1st league.

Assistant coaches are different routes, and it is a route that Zidane too.
It makes huge difference and makes comparison invalid, a coach that you have observed in your clubs for 2.5 years working as assistant manager and B team coach is different from someone who coached in Qatar.
Lower level isn't the point either, reserve team coaches are treated differently, they are groomed within the club.
Different routes, make it invalid comparison. And it is true with both Pep and Xavi.
Xavi choose unconventional route as a coach, and club has every right to choose not to accept that

Oh, and Zidane is not another level over Xavi legacy-wise. Except if you're talking about marketing. I'd reckon Xavi's influence over his team was greater than Zidane's.

Call it what you want, marketing, overhyping whatever. Zidane has bigger legacy and considered top 2 player of his generation along Ronaldo Nazario. Xavi was never at that level.

Windhook

No matter what, Barca for a quarter of century has been sticking with Cruyff's philosophy and appoint managers who follow his ideas. Van Gaal, Serra Ferrer and Radomir Antic are the few exceptions of that rule that managed the club and that was before Laporta era began in 2003. I don't see the club changing course and appoint the likes of Ancelotti, Conte, Mourinho... :lol: Heck, even Stoichkov could be considered a more favorable candidate than those forementioned, now that we went back to rotating everyone from the 1992 Dream Team.

Xavi as Barca manager is just a matter of time and I sense it could be the summer of 2022. Koeman is helpless, manages the club he loves but it's clear that this season will be ground zero and his days are numbered. I believe it would be better for Xavi to manage a squad without veterans, who know him personally. I can only imagine the weird feeling to boss your former teammates.

khaled_a_d

No matter what, Barca for a quarter of century has been sticking with Cruyff's philosophy and appoint managers who follow his ideas. Van Gaal, Serra Ferrer and Radomir Antic are the few exceptions of that rule that managed the club and that was before Laporta era began in 2003. I don't see the club changing course and appoint the likes of Ancelotti, Conte, Mourinho... :lol: Heck, even Stoichkov could be considered a more favorable candidate than those forementioned, now that we went back to rotating everyone from the 1992 Dream Team.

Xavi as Barca manager is just a matter of time and I sense it could be the summer of 2022. Koeman is helpless, manages the club he loves but it's clear that this season will be ground zero and his days are numbered. I believe it would be better for Xavi to manage a squad without veterans, who know him personally. I can only imagine the weird feeling to boss your former teammates.

Mourinho was Laporta top candidate in 2008 but he decided to listen to Txiki and Crujif who preferred Pep.
Laporta talks Crujif, but he also had serious interest in German coaches (Flick/Nagelsmann) who plays more progressive football.
There are now many coaches that you can say they are Crujifista's like Ten Haag and the aforementioned coaches.
I am honestly starting to think Ten Haag is the next coach, he checks all the needed criteria

Windhook

Mourinho was Laporta top candidate in 2008 but he decided to listen to Txiki and Crujif who preferred Pep.
Laporta talks Crujif, but he also had serious interest in German coaches (Flick/Nagelsmann) who plays more progressive football.
There are now many coaches that you can say they are Crujifista's like Ten Haag and the aforementioned coaches.
I am honestly starting to think Ten Haag is the next coach, he checks all the needed criteria

Yeah, Mourinho I think was considered even back in 2004. Rijkaard managed to turn things around in the second half of the season and kept the job.

I like Ten Haag, but for now it's all rumours that he will be given the Barca job in the summer of 2022. The guy needs a crash course in Spanish, can't remember the last manager of Barca who wasn't fluent in the language.

serghei

Assistant coaches are different routes, and it is a route that Zidane too.
It makes huge difference and makes comparison invalid, a coach that you have observed in your clubs for 2.5 years working as assistant manager and B team coach is different from someone who coached in Qatar.

Come on, that's bullshit. Barca has observed Xavi for decades, not 2.5 years. Everyone knows what Xavi will be about. It's just whether you give him the shot or not. Same as Zidane and Pep. Do you give a legend a shot, knowing what he'll try to do, or not?

You try to pretend as if Xavi's style will be some unknown thing, when in fact he is one of the most recognizable names when it comes to a style of play, the "Juego de Posicion" type. Everyone and their dog knows he will try to bring back the major templates and ideas of play from Pep's era (as did Pep with Cruyff's era). At this point it's clear. We either go back to our roots: La Masia, Cruyffism, possession & pressing, and so on and so forth, and pick a name that has the vision to implement that sort of stuff. Or we continue to bring proven 2nd rate managers with more experience, in the EV and Ronald Koeman path. There is also one option who might be a bit of both, in someone like Ten Hag, although not the best of either.

It's A or B, since the chance to bring in an established world-class manager is somewhere between slim and zero. This argument of yours that the club doesn't know what they're gonna get with Xavi doesn't have a leg to stand on. They know very well. Xavi is groomed in Barca's style through and through, this argument of yours is more in favor of Xavi than against it. Doesn't make a single bit of difference whether he coached in Qatar or at Barca B in his first years.

Call it what you want, marketing, overhyping whatever. Zidane has bigger legacy and considered top 2 player of his generation along Ronaldo Nazario. Xavi was never at that level.

Can't believe you're bringing that up here. We all know Xavi was a top 3-4 player in his best years, only behind 2 of the greatest players ever. His influence on the pitch trumps that of Zidane.

I'm getting the impression that you just don't like Xavi.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

What a game just now...Al Saad leading 5-4 on the 60th minute mark, 4-3 half time, were up by 3-0 after just 17 minutes with two own goals. I'm suspecting this is the result of mad pressing. It's clear his attacking potential as a coach is unlimited, it's just about containing the defense. I do suspect it would be the same thing at Barca. But at least there'd be mad entertainment and I'd still watch this and prefer us conceding 4 and still winning rather than the 5 defenders formation and still failing and being bored to death by Conman.

Birdy

Yep
Serghei not reading the news.
Pretending that Font is at the helm, and not Laporta..
He is also in for a rude awakening when he sees Laporta not opting for Xavi

vegitot

What a game just now...Al Saad leading 5-4 on the 60th minute mark, 4-3 half time, were up by 3-0 after just 17 minutes with two own goals. I'm suspecting this is the result of mad pressing. It's clear his attacking potential as a coach is unlimited, it's just about containing the defense. I do suspect it would be the same thing at Barca. But at least there'd be mad entertainment and I'd still watch this and prefer us conceding 4 and still winning rather than the 5 defenders formation and still failing and being bored to death by Conman.

Hope i can see it in AFC Champion league. Not against bum teams in Qatar.

Home of Barca Fans