Xavi Hernández

Barcilliant

I'm content with our current effort on the market to strengthen the squad in the limited winter transfer market. Glad we are no longer viewed as a Galactico club and deals can be made within reasonable price.

Xavi wants Morata. Sorry but that is hardly strengthening the squad. He seems obsessed with Spanish players.

freetocan

He should look for players from Brazil league which are recognized as very good technical players and most of the time can be cheaper than the European ones. Like Real Madrid's Vini Jr and Rodrigo. He is looking for Azpilicueta, Olmo, Morata...we know that for at least 1-2 years we will not count for la Liga or other European Cup.At least, he should start build a new team with younger players not with 30 years old or over.

Neeraj

Do not turn us into Spain fc better players out there than morata that we could get on the cheap.

This was expected from Xavi though. It's what he knows. He's always been kind of dogmatic, and I don't expect him to suddenly widen his footballing view nor spot talents in other lesser leagues, etc.

In general most coaches are pretty clueless (and understandably so) about potential transfer targets when it comes to non-superstar / high profile signings. A strong scouting system should be feeding us during these lean times. If we are going to go after players that Xavi knows and can afford right now, it's going to be guys like Morata that we target/get.

Porque

This was expected from Xavi though. It's what he knows. He's always been kind of dogmatic, and I don't expect him to suddenly widen his footballing view nor spot talents in other lesser leagues, etc.

In general most coaches are pretty clueless (and understandably so) about potential transfer targets when it comes to non-superstar / high profile signings. A strong scouting system should be feeding us during these lean times. If we are going to go after players that Xavi knows and can afford right now, it's going to be guys like Morata that we target/get.

Great point. Plus Xavi is going to want guys he believes will adapt and that he can work with quickly. Which is what we need in the winter market.

But the line of communication should be "I need someone like Morata" and then we role out those options and assess their fee, age, pros and cons.

Same as Koeman wanting someone like Luuk de Jong (right idea), but not precisely going out and getting these players.

If we could find someone with characteristics like Morata, but more evidence that he finishes chances then that would be perfect. In theory, I thought that would be why we got Ferran, because we statistically think he can explode as a 9 back in LaLiga.

But alas, let's see where this one goes and as long as there's no buy agreement then I am OK with it. Cavani is also wasteful, older and with more injury problems of recent. So it is not as if he is the omega either.

ajnotkeith

We need to work on registering Ferran Torres smoothly first before signing Morata.

BTW, reports that we might terminate Dembele to register Ferran lol

Barcilliant

Yeah, you're right. Xavi is pretty stubborn. I'm not sold on him. In today's world you need to be more open minded. Davies and David are both from Canada but Xavi wouldn't give them a second look.

Barcilliant

I would just look at loan options for the time being and then have a good look in the summer. Icardi and Cavani are proper number nines and better than Morata imo. No way would I buy Morata outright.

freetocan

I would just look at loan options for the time being and then have a good look in the summer. Icardi and Cavani are proper number nines and better than Morata imo. No way would I buy Morata outright.
Honestly, I did not see any special vision fromXavi yet. I truly believe that he might not resist more than next La Liga edition. Do not believe that he has the courage and vision to bring cheap but talented/ skilled players and build a competitive team. He is looking after old players who had at some point some names but now are toward the end of their career for ex Morata, Cr. Ronaldo, Azpilicueta, etc. we really need fresh and young players as anyway, we have no chance against Real Madrid. This is real truth.

Pepsbarca

Are there any journalists that are credible for Barcelona? Journalists that have the inside scoop on the comings and goings of players in the club?

Lots of people in here seem to believe every single rumor printed in the paper regardless of who prints it. Hopefully most realize that agents leak information and drop names of big clubs to help their clients get better deals. Most of the rumors aren't true.

FinBarcelonafan

Are there any journalists that are credible for Barcelona? Journalists that have the inside scoop on the comings and goings of players in the club?

Lots of people in here seem to believe every single rumor printed in the paper regardless of who prints it. Hopefully most realize that agents leak information and drop names of big clubs to help their clients get better deals. Most of the rumors aren't true.

I don't think we believe every rumor. Mostly we like to discuss those, stupid or not.

Pepsbarca

I don't think we believe every rumor. Mostly we like to discuss those, stupid or not.

Fair enough. I was mainly commenting on all of the "Xavi has no clue, why is he bringing in Morata" posts. There also were a lot of posts saying how great it was that Cavani was coming in when those rumors were around.

Don't get me wrong, I love talking and reading about potential transfers just as much as anyone else.

Gari

Xavi: "Morata? I want to talk about the players we have. Ferran and Alves are going to help us a lot... All the rest are hypotheses. Morata, Haaland... It is not my business to talk about it and I prefer to talk about the players who we have."

Home of Barca Fans