Xavi Hernández

FinBarcelonafan

The next two transfer windows will prove whether Xavi and Laporta are all talk and nothing else, or whether they truly will clean house like we need to.

If Pique, ter Stegen, Busquets and Alba are at Barcelona past upcoming summer and still starting for us there's no hope.

True. Time for proper cleaning needs to start.

Rory

I do wonder who is running our training sessions. Who is evaluating our players physicality. Who is getting them to improve this etc. Is there even a focus on it? Is there a focus on getting the players in the right mindset? Seems like none of those things occur. It doesn't matter how technically good you are if your opponent turns up and is able to win every physical battle and also completely believes they are going to beat you. If Xavi doesn't understand football has moved on he's in for a shock and we're in for no european football for as long as he's here.

FinBarcelonafan

I do wonder who is running our training sessions. Who is evaluating our players physicality. Who is getting them to improve this etc. Is there even a focus on it? Is there a focus on getting the players in the right mindset? Seems like none of those things occur. It doesn't matter how technically good you are if your opponent turns up and is able to win every physical battle and also completely believes they are going to beat you. If Xavi doesn't understand football has moved on he's in for a shock and we're in for no european football for as long as he's here.

Garcia took his own personal trainer to improve physical game. I think Frenkie said he needed personal trainer to keep up with the intensity. (I guess Ajax trainings were so much more intense...)

Very bad signs. It sounds like only players who somewhat keep their level hire outside help.

Very bad. Very bad.

Of course, nothing new really. We have been one of the slowest and weakest teams for years.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
The technicalities nowadays are so nuanced that teams have separate coaches for set pieces and throw-ins. I don't think our management has even heard of it.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Xavi should make a call to Pep.

KV0HCVesrkfKngVUA7z-SXkhD4-UFKLjXnfDjw5Jesb0-fmVhhI72B4Hnz-6E6hMK-MfgNyNGiJzrCX9dMXUYVHsCCuw1DdzhzpcfCYTmAtX4Di78oJro1vGQosVBhG4tvIwJNoG-_7u

Rory

Garcia took his own personal trainer to improve physical game. I think Frenkie said he needed personal trainer to keep up with the intensity. (I guess Ajax trainings were so much more intense...)

Very bad signs. It sounds like only players who somewhat keep their level hire outside help.

Very bad. Very bad.

Of course, nothing new really. We have been one of the slowest and weakest teams for years.

Much like our football during matches, training sessions are probably slowed down to suit the slowest and oldest people in the team i.e. Busquets and Pique. Makes sense that players like Garcia (coming from intense pressing Man City) and Frenkie from intense pressing Ajax would feel like they need to do more work.

Part of the reason I'm not as critical of Frenkie. He's been mismanaged for years now, in almost every conceivable way and yet last year he was arguably our 2nd best player. This year he's been poor tbf but so has everyone.

malvolio

we stockpiled on slow players or players that are not physical beasts and we are still running this discussion about training methods. like barcelona is somewhere in africa.

all our midfielders are slow. all our available attackers are slow, bar dembele of course.

who from our squad can be considered as having a very athletic physique?

Rory

The technicalities nowadays are so nuanced that teams have separate coaches for set pieces and throw-ins. I don't think our management has even heard of it.

Stuff like this is my biggest fear with the club. Even if we had a top 5 in the world player in each position I don't know if we'd get much out of them.

FinBarcelonafan

Xavi should make a call to Pep.

KV0HCVesrkfKngVUA7z-SXkhD4-UFKLjXnfDjw5Jesb0-fmVhhI72B4Hnz-6E6hMK-MfgNyNGiJzrCX9dMXUYVHsCCuw1DdzhzpcfCYTmAtX4Di78oJro1vGQosVBhG4tvIwJNoG-_7u

Haha exactly.

Then you read Pique saying things like: "We are practicing while it's raining!?!?". Just shows how ridiculous things got during Valverde time.

We pampered these fools like crazy.

The laid back culture needs to stop. All the other teams are better prepared, in everything. Stop clowning around and start working..

Rory

we stockpiled on slow players or players that are not physical beasts and we are still running this discussion about training methods. like barcelona is somewhere in africa.

all our midfielders are slow. all our available are slow, bar dembele of course.

who from our squad can be considered as having a very athletic physique?

Araujo, Frenkie, Mingueza, Depay, Dembele all have a stereotypically athletic physiques.

Alba is quick and has stamina, Pedri has stamina. Nico is tall and strong. Gavi looks like he has good stamina too.

If our players aren't physical beasts we should be pushing them to become as close to that as they can be.

FinBarcelonafan

Dest looks athletic Vs Spanish clubs, but man Davies run past him like nothing. Bayern is probably the best trained team in the world, in terms of physical training. Team full of beasts.

We need to get there somehow.

Last edited:

malvolio

Araujo, Frenkie, Mingueza, Depay, Dembele all have a stereotypically athletic physiques.

Alba is quick and has stamina, Pedri has stamina. Nico is tall and strong. Gavi looks like he has good stamina too.

If our players aren't physical beasts we should be pushing them to become as close to that as they can be.

araujo, yes.

frenkie? barely better than the average la masia product.

mingueza is a bum that should play segunda. okish on physique.

nico and gavi are slow. gavi has a fight in him. not sure about their physique .

pedri has the body of a kid.

depay looks too top heavy. works too much on his upper body and is slow.

alba is fast, but old.

Pepsbarca

Everyone blaming Xavi for the state of the squad when he's been in charge for a month. It takes time to build up players fitness levels and that's in pre-season when you aren't playing games every 3 days.

soul24rage

Dest looks athletic Vs Spanish clubs, but man Davies run past him like nothing. Bayern is probably the best trained team in the world, in terms of physics training. Team full of beasts.

We need to get there somehow.

That's true, but tbf Davies runs past the majority of the players.

Davies is that much of a beast.

FinBarcelonafan

araujo, yes.

frenkie? barely better than the average la masia product.

mingueza is a bum that should play segunda. okish on physique.

nico and gavi are slow. gavi has a fight in him. not sure about their physique .

pedri has the body of a kid.

depay looks too top heavy. works too much on his upper body and is slow.

alba is fast, but old.

True on Depay. I am shocked they don't slim him down and put him to quickness training. It would help him a lot as a attacker. Right now a bit too slow.

Home of Barca Fans