Xavi Hernandez

serghei

He should get one of the European clubs playing tiki taka before I buy into any Xavi stock.

Nah, we don't have time to wait for that type of credentials. We need to take a bit of a gamble here. Just like with players. Clubs that are in crisis and don't have money have to discover quality rather than acquire it from other clubs.

akaranzo

Nah, we don't have time to wait for that type of credentials. We need to take a bit of a gamble here. Just like with players. Clubs that are in crisis and don't have money have to discover quality rather than acquire it from other clubs.

I think that's a bad move. Xavi should definitely coach another team in Europe for a bit before coming to manage us. Right now, if he comes and fails his whole managerial career is in jeopardy. Plus right now considering our financial situation - it's not fair on any manager, much less one with such a small amount of experience.

serghei

I think that's a bad move. Xavi should definitely coach another team in Europe for a bit before coming to manage us. Right now, if he comes and fails his whole managerial career is in jeopardy. Plus right now considering our financial situation - it's not fair on any manager, much less one with such a small amount of experience.

And until then? What about us? :lol:

akaranzo

And until then? What about us? :lol:

This season we're screwed regardless of who the manager is, but once the financial situation starts improving (maybe next summer already if we're optimistic) we should go all in for someone like Ten Hag. He fits our style and has experience, meanwhile Xavi can hopefully coach some smaller team in Europe, and then in 3-4 years he can come in.

JohnN

New direction I keep hearing.. like we are in the direction pep and Xavi represent and it isn't working. We are as far from that direction as the sun is fron earth. It would be great if Xavi came.

Joan

Conte might be a good short term solution is the club manages to secure some funds.

Btw., not gonna waste my time watching the league bellow Segunda B in quality.

iniestaGOAT

Xavi is not going to manage another team in Europe. Didnt he say he turned down Dortmund and Brazil? Dortmund would have been the perfect club but if he does not wanna go there he isnt going anywhere except barcelona.

I would take the chance on him. 2 years contract. Sack him end of season if hes complete trash.

Daisymorr

My favourite midfielder of all time. 2008-2012 era was unbelievable for club and country. Gave the ball away once a month!!

vegitot

If he declines Barca's offer again then the reason only is he doesn't want to ruin his legacy. He knows that he will fail as a coach at this moment.

Home of Barca Fans