Xavi Hernández

Bobo32

Isn't he saying it's on the manager? That's preferable to blaming it on the players right?

He is saying that people don't analyse and don't understand what they are seeing. He is correctly rating Busquets as the best midfielder in the world these last years, and as the best CDM ever.
Here on this forum, most people seem to blindly just blame the players they are used to blaming, and the harshness of the critique depends mostly on whether it's 1-0 or 0-1.

Yes the manager should preferrably understand why things happen or don't happen.

Rory

He is saying that people don't analyse and don't understand what they are seeing. He is correctly rating Busquets as the best midfielder in the world these last years, and as the best CDM ever.
Here on this forum, most people seem to blindly just blame the players they are used to blaming, and the harshness of the critique depends mostly on whether it's 1-0 or 0-1.

Yes the manager should preferrably understand why things happen or don't happen.

Thing is to you, Busquets can do no wrong. Sure he's not the only reason we've lost big games in the last 5 years. But he offered no shield to the defenders, found out of position, unable to track back etc. Some of that is on the manager, some of that is on him.

Here is Xavi really saying he's the best in the world. Unless I'm missing the full quote he doesn't say it there.

Birdy

LOL :lol:

This is telling about the judgment of Xavi which is as flawed as yours.
No wonder that you don't get what the problem is at Barca.

We do not want Barca to become Man Utd or chesea, we want this team to start winning again with respecting its values and principles.

On the contrary, you fantasize about the re-invention of Barca 08-12 (just like Xavi does),
which in reality means you push towards a sterile stagnation of a team that is dogmatically pinned to certain formation, way of playing, while losing year after year
and watching the train of progress of football pass by

No thanks

Bobo32

Thing is to you, Busquets can do no wrong. Sure he's not the only reason we've lost big games in the last 5 years. But he offered no shield to the defenders, found out of position, unable to track back etc. Some of that is on the manager, some of that is on him.

Here is Xavi really saying he's the best in the world. Unless I'm missing the full quote he doesn't say it there.

No but I read other quotes before, this quote is not at all about rating him, but about people blaming him falsely as they don't understand what they see.

Yes it's true that I am very late to criticize Busquets, he of course makes mistakes as all players do. But objectively, he is the smartest player available, his mistakes are very rarely due to him choosing the wrong option or not seeing. He is slow though and nothing can be done about that but to play in order not to have that show as much. It's strange to point out and criticize Busquets for being too slow - he was too slow when he won 3CL, a world cup and a euros as well! We all know this since 13 years.

Nazario1985

Xavi says things about Busi ... Forum "experts" : he is an idiot who doesn't understand football as much as we do (because we watched enough of it on TV :koeman: )

Last edited:

Birdy

No, because we can see why he is dogmatic and narrow-minded.
He needs to mature to be a good coach.
Something you and other Xavi-as-a-coach fanboys here cannot do, because of your blind fanboyism

That does n't mean that I or anyone else here can coach Barca instead of him.
Poor argument

Nazario1985

No, because we can see why he is dogmatic and narrow-minded.
He needs to mature to be a good coach.
Something you and other Xavi-as-a-coach fanboys here cannot do, because of your blind fanboyism

That does n't mean that I or anyone else here can coach Barca instead of him.
Poor argument

Calm down as soon as someone tickles your little bubble you go berserk ... you don't hold the truth and nobody does.

But between you and and an old elite player sorry i'd go for Xavi.

Anyway i never supported nor said negatives about Xavi ... because nobody knows how things can turn out.

Nazario1985

Mate are you reading the posts, or you just wanna throw something fancy there to have the final word?

Throwing a line of defense "i know i can't coach Bar?a" duh !!!!

And at the same time saying he does not know his shit is utterly idiotic.

But please continue, you the non dogmatic open minded heavily knowledgeable football pundit

Home of Barca Fans