Xavi Hernandez

vegitot

:worthy: And to think if he can make a bunch of Qatari nobodies playing like that, imagine what he could do with the likes of Puig, De Jong, Pedri, Fati, Dembele...

His opponents are weak though. His team is nobody in Afc Champion league, lost round of 16 this season.

Honestly he should move to Europe as soon as possible. Better for his coaching career.

George_Costanza

Xavi's Al Sadd has not lost a single game this season (11 wins, 2 draws), and scored 13 goals in his last 2 games.

Has a 30 goal difference gap between 2nd in the league and with just 13 games played this season

ErI3vEzW8AEU5ej

Catta

The question is, is such a big difference because of Xavi, or are the rest of the teams shit compared to his team. Like once Ligue1 was with PSG or BuLi with Bayern.

i_bleed_blaugrana

I think you posted this one too and I really enjoyed this as well:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/a...for-barcelona-going-tactical-analysis-tactics

Little more in-depth and goes into some of the shortcomings of Al-Sadd, particularly defensively.

I get it because of the players he played with in the past but outside of that, I cannot see why anyone would think he would not do well here.

And to be 100s, if Xavi was the manager here, I think he would understand the ?amigos? concern and would not just automatically play Messi, Busi etc. just because he played with them in the past and crucially, if they are not performing at the level required.

I would prefer if he has just a season managing in Europe but I think people are overstating the importance of that. Especially considering his experience as a player, I think at least with La Liga, he could overcome that shortcoming.

Irrespective of if Al-Sadd are the PSG of their league or not, the results and performances he is getting out of those players is more than impressive. The AFC CL result from last season is deceiving: the team they lost to made it to the finals if I recall correctly and they lost a narrow 1-0 game where they spurned loads of chances, a bit like 1-0 to Chelsea away in 2012.

All things considered, I see more indicating he would do well here rather than indicating he?d flop.

serghei

I think you posted this one too and I really enjoyed this as well:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/a...for-barcelona-going-tactical-analysis-tactics

Little more in-depth and goes into some of the shortcomings of Al-Sadd, particularly defensively.

I get it because of the players he played with in the past but outside of that, I cannot see why anyone would think he would not do well here.

And to be 100s, if Xavi was the manager here, I think he would understand the ?amigos? concern and would not just automatically play Messi, Busi etc. just because he played with them in the past and crucially, if they are not performing at the level required.

I would prefer if he has just a season managing in Europe but I think people are overstating the importance of that. Especially considering his experience as a player, I think at least with La Liga, he could overcome that shortcoming.

Irrespective of if Al-Sadd are the PSG of their league or not, the results and performances he is getting out of those players is more than impressive. The AFC CL result from last season is deceiving: the team they lost to made it to the finals if I recall correctly and they lost a narrow 1-0 game where they spurned loads of chances, a bit like 1-0 to Chelsea away in 2012.

All things considered, I see more indicating he would do well here rather than indicating he?d flop.

Good post.

Depending on how Koeman finishes this season I'd be on board with Xavi next season, or after Koeman's contract runs out. Meaning from 2022-23. It's inevitable at this point that Xavi will manage us next. And I think it's a fair chance we'll be returning to top 3 in Europe with these young players getting more experience and with Xavi as a manager.

Many, many great signs which could indicate the future isn't as bad. Great talent still exists in the club, and the bad situation is strictly economical and much to do with COVID situation.

Rijkaard -> Pep, Koeman -> Xavi. Could be a similar path, with the caveat that Pep's level of success (not speaking only about trophies, but the overall aura of that team) is probably inaccessible.

Last edited:

vegitot

Nothing can say he will flop at Barca. But the doubts are valid.

Last year after Valverde left, he was contacted but declined because he needed more experience. Well, people are not wrong if they don't rate his experience at Qatar (and he has not done really well in AFC Champion league). He could easily coach teams in Europe rather than staying in Qatar (though they pay him more and he is also their ambassador).

Xavi also said something about his carefully prepared project but with Font only. If someone not named Font wins the election, what's about it??? Will he wait till next 5 years or something??? And Laporta says Xavi is not in his current plan. And he has highest chance to become the president.

And World Cup 2022 is next year, Xavi probably will stay.

Home of Barca Fans